Good Looks?
Sensitivity?
Someone who will oad the dishwasher without
thinking is a farking big deal?

Well, Pprunettes?

:p :p :p

Good Woman
23rd Nov 2001, 01:18
In my case, a strong protector and soulmate, despite my hard as nails image, and I'd melt over the first half-decent man with the perception to see that and the courage to give it a go.

Not very feminist, pc, or in keeping with the tenor of Jet Blast, but there you have it.

Feeton Terrafirma
23rd Nov 2001, 01:38
Some of us think we know what others want, Others want to know what some of us think.

Does that sound right?

:confused:

Girl Flyday
23rd Nov 2001, 01:57
Intelligent, attractive, good SOH, honest, thoughtful, amusing soul-mate - who doesn't mind my love of flying, can keep up with my insatiable sex drive... :D

Grainger
23rd Nov 2001, 02:11
Hey GF - you're just trying to make me suffer now, aren't you ? ;)

Dammit - where's that bucket of cold water...

Girl Flyday
23rd Nov 2001, 02:23
Would I do that, G? ;)

redsnail
23rd Nov 2001, 02:26
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes.
What I like in a bloke.
Sex drive. Definitely. He's really got to enjoy his "work" so to speak. Be able to learn and adapt.
Sense of adventure. I don't want a wimpy kind of guy. One that enjoys having a go and enjoying life.
Enjoy being with me. Nuff said.
A man that is comfortable in his own skin. No major hangups.
A bloke that is reasonably smart but has a healthy dose of common sense.
My kind of sense of humour.
Likes to enjoy life.
Did I mention sex? If not, ;)
Oh, doesn't get jealous of my Ducati.

Whirlybird
23rd Nov 2001, 02:44
Someone who thinks I'm wonderful would be good for starters. Especially bearing in mind that I don't cook, don't iron, and I'm always right. :D

Unwell_Raptor
23rd Nov 2001, 03:03
Whirly: You remind me of someone I used to be married to.

Sensible
23rd Nov 2001, 04:15
At least it reminds you of someone you USED to be married to!!! :D

min
23rd Nov 2001, 05:47
Ok...my wish list, in no particular order :) (Hope Father Christmas is listening!)

Reasonable level of intelligence, who has some opinions on things, but is able to listen to the 'other side' also.

Sense of humour (mine tends to be a little warped at times)

Someone who enjoys life and is happy to 'live' it, and not let it all just pass them by.

Has to like music..this is very important!! Well, it's not really, but they might get a bit sick of my love of it.

Happy with themselves.

Treats me nicely.

Happy for me to work, and a respect for the work I do, including the nurse's uniform!.

A healthy sex drive, a desire to please and be pleased :) (that sums that up I think).

That's a start, anyway :)

M.

B.Loser
23rd Nov 2001, 08:16
Wow,

OK, I think I'm really close on a lot of these!

Min: Does one get extra points for combining several of the categories (e.g.; music, sex drive and the nurse's uniform)?

Whirly: I cook a meanass steak, don't own an iron and have spent 27 years in helos.

Redsnail: Learn and adapt? The XL's (ex-Loser's) favorite game was coonass baseball - that's where she would change all the rules while the ball was in the air. I can adapt in a nanosecond! (a self-defense strategy)

Girl Flyday: This is a man that your talking about?

Good Woman: Is an AR-15 and a 44 magnum enough protection? And the thought of hard nails raking my back is giving me goose-bumps!

Techchick: While most dudes are still pre-rinsing the dishes - mine are washed, wiped, put away and I'm working on someone's desire to please and be pleased.

min
23rd Nov 2001, 09:00
B.Loser, I guess multi-tasking could be allowed...

M.

B.Loser
23rd Nov 2001, 09:21
Ooooooh yeah!

"Multi-tasking" - I like the sound of that - those gose bumps just changed to a shiver - keep talkin' M., keep talkin'! What comes after the "..." ?

the wizard of auz
23rd Nov 2001, 09:22
Hey Min, I fill all of your requirements.......even the (unhealthy) respect for the nurses uniform, and talk about sex drive........ :D ;)

cath
23rd Nov 2001, 11:01
Hmmm....guy must:
1) Have a good sense of humour
2) Not hang around all the time!!!
3) Do interesting work. Pilot is good. Cos flying is practically all I ever talk about anyway!
4) Enjoy sex.... :eek:
5) Oh. Have a Citation and give me an endoresement on it. Anybody?? Any takers??? No??

Girl Flyday
23rd Nov 2001, 11:33
B.loser - of COURSE it was my perfect man I was describing! I said 'attractive' and not 'handsome' - because most traditionally handsome men seem to be arrogant gits anyway!

But looks aren't half as important as SOH, shared interests, kindness - and the ability (or willingness!) to keep up with me in bed!

(And I WONDER why I'm single! :rolleyes: )
:D

Girl Flyday
23rd Nov 2001, 11:39
SKC - good point! I forgot to add that he MUST be something to do with aviation (I'd bore him rigid otherwise! :D )- and preferably be able to take me flying in something with a bit of v-v-voooooom!
:cool:

Techchick
23rd Nov 2001, 11:49
Wow......

and I just want to be loved and appreciated...........

Searching the Universe. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Whirlybird
23rd Nov 2001, 13:51
Hmmm...loved and appreciated sounds nice.

I'm always suspicious of this sense of humour thing; I've spent too long smiling sweetly at bad jokes while actually being bored rigid. Guys who think they have a GSOH are often the only ones who think it's good.

I figured I had no takers till B. Loser came along and reassured me that maybe there were men in the world who wanted a soulmate and not a housekeeper; incidentally I'm vegetarian but so long as you can cook and eat your own steaks there's no problem.

Why do men think they should get a housekeeper; I'm not looking for a meal ticket. Fair's fair.

Oh, er...but I'm prepared to compromise on many things for someone willing and able to support my helicopter addiction - I fancy a Hughes 500, red preferably (hey, I'm female, of course the colour's important!).

For that I might even learn how to iron. :D

Grainger
23rd Nov 2001, 14:20
Whirly - A109 Power would do it for me.

And I reckon the sense of humour has a lot more to do with not taking yourself too seriously than ability to tell jokes (which as you say are much more often a "look at me" rather than genuine attempt to amuse).

If I ever get my hands on a Hughes 500 I'll let you know.

Girl Flyday
23rd Nov 2001, 14:30
Loved and appreciated does sound nice - but I'd also like someone fun with it! A soulmate... a co-pilot!

Hmmm... I suspect I'm more likely to find someone with a bizjet - or win the lottery! :rolleyes:

Didn't really mean joke-telling by SOH, though... more someone who doesn't take life too seriously and can make me laugh!

dingducky
23rd Nov 2001, 16:05
what happened to penis and a pulse :confused: :D :p

Girl Flyday
23rd Nov 2001, 16:20
Depends whether they can make decent use of either one of them! ;)

Whirlybird
23rd Nov 2001, 16:27
Ah, Ding, cynical as usual eh? You're ALL right girls. OK, I'll settle for a penis, a pulse, an ability not to take himself too seriously and be fun, being loved and appreciated, being my soulmate AND co-pilot (not necessarily the same thing), knowing that housework and cooking don't do themselves and don't require boobs in order to be done, and agreeing that I'm right most of the time. And a helicopter would be an entirely acceptable substitution for much of the above. Grainger, an A109 Power is just fine; like I said, I'm prepared to compromise!

Well, come on guys, I'm not asking a lot, am I?

On a slightly different but related topic, we had a chat in the chat room (as one does), about men being romantic - sending flowers, opening doors, walking on the outside etc. What do you feel about it? Me, I don't mind being given flowers; it's a nice gesture, though not a big deal. Things like opening doors are OK so long as it happens naturally, but hey, I can open them myself actually; I'm a big girl now! Tripping over your own toes to walk on the outside I find silly, unnecessary and embarrassing. It's not that I'm unromantic - actually I'm the ultimate romantic; I still expect to meet my soulmate and life will be just perfect ever after, even though I know that only happens in bad novels. But the external trappings of romance? Nah, don't bother. What do the rest of you think?

PilotsPal
23rd Nov 2001, 16:58
Sometimes its easier to define what you don't want. My list would certainly include:

no bores
no wimps
no nerds
no personal hygiene issues
no slobs
no inferiority/superiority complexes
no depressives
no mummy's boys

tony draper
23rd Nov 2001, 17:03
So P P, no pilots need apply eh?. ;)

PilotsPal
23rd Nov 2001, 17:09
tony, pilots are perfectly welcome but I do recognise that the superiority complex might prove something of an obstacle!

Good Woman
23rd Nov 2001, 17:52
To *********'s list I would add:-

no boors
no scrooges

tony draper
23rd Nov 2001, 18:07
And whats wrong with gentlemen from South Africa prey, hmmmm?. ;)

HugMonster
23rd Nov 2001, 18:14
Good point, draper - was that bores, boors or boers? ;)

Steepclimb
23rd Nov 2001, 18:47
Now I know why I'm still single. That doesn't explain why so many women end up with the wrong man, but does explain why so many women end up with no men at all.

I remember a girl who was waiting for her Knight in shining armour busily rejecting all the other knights with not so shiny armour. I suspect she's still waiting. Compromise is such a dirty word.

Good Woman
23rd Nov 2001, 19:06
Definitely Boors, as in ill-mannered chappies......and bores too. Boers are all right unless they're boring, boorish Boers.

Biggles Flies Undone
23rd Nov 2001, 19:32
Good grief! I seem to fit every PPRuNe Lady's perception of the ideal man - maybe I should get out mor ;)

PilotsPal
23rd Nov 2001, 21:04
Well, who else could I have based my post on?

Binoculars
23rd Nov 2001, 21:07
Glad you do, Biggles! Me, I just read PP's list of exclusions, and if I wasn't depressed before, I am now!

Bores? Well, subjective so I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt.

Personal hygiene I score ok on ( I think).

Mummy's boy I can definitely deny.

But for the rest, whew!!! Sorry, PP. Let's have a drink together sometime, there will be no chance of any ulterior motives. :D

Umm, since its 2.15am, I may as well ask if any other males are honest enough to admit the truth, or are you all sensitive new age sex machines?

PilotsPal
23rd Nov 2001, 21:22
Binos

I'm delighted to discover you're neither a bore nor a mummy's boy and don't have personal hygiene issues - let's face it, there's absolutely no excuse for the latter whatsoever. Taking the other points, I'm pretty sure that wimps, nerds, slobs and depressives are not renowned for their great attraction to women, but maybe some of the other female contributors to this thread think otherwise?

I'll admit that the complexes thing is a personal one - that probably comes of having worked with lawyers for too long.

GlueBall
23rd Nov 2001, 21:37
Have traveled a great deal. Been married, divorced, married, divorced and married again. And what I have learned is that a woman will do anything and put up with everything; but she will not put up with another woman. :eek:

B.Loser
23rd Nov 2001, 22:34
Hey, I still think I'm in the ballpark here.

SKC: ANY dude that answers this thread shows a SOH. Does having a friend that owns a Citation count for anything?

Girl Flyday: How much v-v-voooooom! are you looking for?

Whirly: I can make a kickass vegi-lasagne (neighbor's wife was vegi so, come BBQ time well, you get the picture) and I've been checked out on the vacume for 30 years. A 412 is the best I can do for now though (and I don't know or care what color it is - I look at it from the inside-out). I also don't mind carrying your saddle out for ya - long as you don't expect me to cinch it up too.

Ding: Yes and yes. And yes, Girl Flyday, my last recurrency test examiner gave me high marks for knowlege and use of installed equipment - several times.

*********: No problems with your list and, as far as personal hygiene goes, yes, I scrape my boots before coming in the back porch.

What else!?!

Whirlybird
24th Nov 2001, 04:05
Steepclimb,

So what is the problem with ending up with no man at all? Sounds far far better than the wrong one.

B. Loser,

Come up and see me some time. ;)

cath
24th Nov 2001, 05:17
B. Loser: all the other girls mentioned compromise....was it THAT obvious that the most important part was the plane?? :D :D :D

Oh, I guess someone who doesn't treat you like *&%$ is okay, too.

JudyTTexas
24th Nov 2001, 05:38
Love God, Love me and Love flying. How simple can you get? ;)

...Oh I would go out with Slasher though, cause I wouldn't have to worry about him jumping my bones..."I don't paint my nails!" :D

min
24th Nov 2001, 06:52
Well, I can see the opportunity here for a little money on the side :)

I'm willing to act as a go between, and match you lot to your opposite number...just forward all your resume's to me for initial perusal ( also gives me the option of first refusal!! there has to be some perks!!) and I'll do the rest :)

M.

PS. Slasher, I'm not sure I can find one for you, but I have a couple of likely contenders...have seen them on a few street corners late at night...red nails and lips seem to be de rigeur.

TowerDog
24th Nov 2001, 16:44
Penis and pulse, etc wanted??

I thought female pilots were all lesbians? :confused:

dingducky
24th Nov 2001, 16:57
towerdog dear
just because they don't want to shag you it doesn't mean that they are lesbians! :cool:

HugMonster
24th Nov 2001, 17:15
Yep - I don't want to shag TD, and I'm not a lesbian! :D

tony draper
24th Nov 2001, 17:15
Draper just had a thought, are inflatable chaps available for ladies?.
Draper may have spotted a hole in the market here, some research must be undertaken,
possible demand, number of units ect.
A survey of ladies carried out as to whom this inflatable friend should be modelled on, height, colour of nylon hair, errr, physical attributes ,dimensions and such.
This could be the breakthrough Draper has been seeking, a means to restore ones flagging fortune.

TowerDog
24th Nov 2001, 17:32
Ding: Uh, no sense of humor? (It was a joke.)

Hug: Thank God. (I have seen a picture of you) :D

TowerDog
24th Nov 2001, 17:35
Pax: A blow up female sheep:

From New Zealand with love? :cool:

Throtlemonkey
24th Nov 2001, 17:35
Gentlemen if we do figure out what women want will they then still want it ? :confused:

HugMonster
24th Nov 2001, 17:57
Mind you, I am very close friends with a few lesbians - one (all-female) couple in particular. A few years ago they were thinking of having kids, but didn't want to go the AI route - and they asked me, as a close friend if I - ummmm - how to put this - would do the deed... :eek: ;)

tony draper
24th Nov 2001, 18:06
Damm!, great pity that, Draper was going to ask for lady volunteers to field test his prototype. it would have had to be subjected to a vigorous work out under extreme conditions.
Draper would of course have had to witness and video these proceedings,in the interests of science, and thought perhaps some development costs could have been recovered , selling this video to other interested errr, engineer's.
One would have thought that this thread would have been a nature recruiting ground for such research assistants, as a number of ladies seem to be complaining about lack of this type of excercise.

PD, please excuse Draper for he has led a sheltered life, these inflatable sheep of which you speak , one presumes they are much in demand in New Zealand for the training of those little dogs that are used to herd sheep about the farm?.

[ 24 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

TowerDog
24th Nov 2001, 18:17
Well, Hug: Did you do it?

Uh, how was it? Did you play meat sandwich with the ladies?

Are you now paying child support...? :cool:

HugMonster
24th Nov 2001, 18:22
No to all of it, TD! ;)

TowerDog
24th Nov 2001, 18:46
Hug:

Why would a pilot turn down a free piece of puzzy?

As for lesbians: I have to admit being one myself, but better equipped for the task than the average shemale :D

Techchick
24th Nov 2001, 19:03
Grrrrrrr men..... :mad:

Hottie
24th Nov 2001, 19:07
Okay, Min....where EXACTLY do I send MY resume ?

How long would one have to wait for a reply ?

Is fancy lingerie included in the deal ? ;)

....if so, my address is..... :)

(edited due to nervous typing whilst waiting for Min's response)
:cool:

[ 24 November 2001: Message edited by: Hottie ]

B.Loser
24th Nov 2001, 21:09
SKC: A keen instinct for survival during those sixteen long years with the XL (eX-Loser) taught me how to instantly ascertain what was "obvious". It's amazing how something as simple as an iron skillet or a stove lid can provide one with the motivation to quickly learn and understand a highly developed secret code.

Whirly: Been thinking about a real "road trip" for several years now - who knows. I take a left at Albuquerque, right?

PaulDeGearup
24th Nov 2001, 21:14
In as much as personal hygiene is considered a virtue, does wiping your dick on the duvet cover afterwards count as OK for PH skills? :D :D :D

Techchick
24th Nov 2001, 22:05
Paul,

I think you will find that wiping the said component on the duvet is a complete no no. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whirlybird
25th Nov 2001, 00:48
BL,

If you're heading south and turn left at Albuquerque you might eventually end up in the right continent,or at least the right side of the pond; call when you need further directions. :D

henry crun
25th Nov 2001, 02:03
After 5 pages on this subject it must now be obvious to many of the younger readers that the answer to the question "what do women want ?" is the same as asking how long is a piece of string.

Anyone who is confused about what they really want would be well advised to stick with aircraft because..........

Aircraft can kill you quickly but a woman will take her time.
Aircraft can be turned on with the flick of a switch.
Aircraft don't get mad if you touch and go.
Aircraft don't object to a preflight inspection.
Aircraft have strict weight and balance requirements.
Aircraft come with manuals to explain their operation.
Aircraft can be flown at any time of the month.
Aircraft don't care how many other aircraft you have flown before.
Aircraft don't mind if you look at other aircraft.
Aircraft expect to be tied down.
Aircraft don't comment on your piloting skills.
Aircraft don't whine unless something is really wrong.

dingducky
25th Nov 2001, 02:05
min
a resume sounds a bit complicated
can't you just issue a questionaire or something? ;)

min
25th Nov 2001, 14:28
well, Hottie, you could always hand over the resume in that Adelaide hotbed, the Grand :) I have heard you have been known to have the odd drink or 3 there...

Otherwise, next time I'm at the football, I'll call in...however, that won't be til next year, so...might be a tad far away!!

You name the venue, and I'll check my schedule...might have to come after work of course, so would still be in uniform then!

M.

min
25th Nov 2001, 15:01
Actually, I've revised my list, as I think I'm being overly optimistic!!

1. Appropriate appendanges, and functioning cardiovascular system.

2. Someone who knows there is more to music than Kevin B. Wilson (and Slim Dusty does not count!)

3. Someone who showers daily, or most days at least.

4. Someone who has more in their wardrobe than stubbies and navy blue singlets...

5. Someone who can stand to see me in my work uniform! (that never seems to be a huge problem, strangely enough!)

6. Someone who can see their toes over their beergut.

Don't think that's too much to ask :)

M.

HugMonster
25th Nov 2001, 16:13
Min, would you please get your backside over here and stop hiding out dunnunda? ;)

min
25th Nov 2001, 17:41
Well, Huggy, I think you should get your backside down here!! It's bloody cold where you are at the moment, and it's allegedly summer at this end of the hemispheres :)

Still, a trip to the deep far north is not such a bad idea...I would require accommodation of course...would that be a problem?? :)

M.

HugMonster
25th Nov 2001, 17:48
How about the Thistle Hotel, Gatwick? :)

min
25th Nov 2001, 18:09
So I have to provide my own accommodation?? I gather British men aren't known for their generosity then :)

The Thistle Hotel would be where the GatBash is, I gather..(am nothing if not quick!)... if you move the date and make it an Australia Day one, I may be able to make it...! Of course, you could always grace the OzBash with your presence, as I indeed am.

M.

HugMonster
25th Nov 2001, 18:21
Sadly, having lost my job two months ago, I am not exactly flush with funds at present, so I shall have to give this OzBash a miss :(

min
25th Nov 2001, 18:29
Hmm...that's not a good thing then...life can be such a b*&ch at times....I shall have a drink on your behalf of course, and anyone else who has lost a job too (not brandavino or Campari, either...nor beerglasses of port) if you do the same in London (it is in London, isn't it??).

Now, you haven't mentioned if you indeed fill any of those agenda items...if you know who Kevin B. Wilson is, you will lose points....he appears to be one of Slasher's favourites...enough said!

M.

HugMonster
25th Nov 2001, 18:35
Until I saw Slasher's posts, I had never even heard the name of Kevin B. Wilson. Nor have I any idea who Slim Dusty is!

All the rest I can honestly say I can fulfill (at present :D)

min
25th Nov 2001, 18:45
Oh well, Huggy, you have almost convinced me...and not knowing who either KBW or Slim Dusty are is worth bonus points I think...!

Now, about this accommodation thing...which side of the bed do you sleep on?

M.

HugMonster
25th Nov 2001, 22:41
Starboard. If we disagree about this, we shall just have to share the middle! ;) :eek: :D

the wizard of auz
26th Nov 2001, 17:53
I guess that counts me out of the game........Oh well, guess thats life :(

min
26th Nov 2001, 18:04
wiz, you at least live in the right hemisphere :)

M.

T_richard
28th Nov 2001, 02:17
Okay I'm not a flier, wish I was, but I am a lifelong sailor so I can navigate in 2 outta 3 dimensions, (I suppose the 3rd one is a killer isn't it). Point is I understand the passion for flying. I just don't know how you all have time to fly since you all seem to spend a lot of time thinking about sex. I thought Min and HG were gonna do it on my screen. By the way Min, American men are crazy for Aussie woman. Something about that Outback attitude with the Sydney Opera House looks, ie: Elle MacP

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: T_richard ]

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: T_richard ]

le loup garou
28th Nov 2001, 03:20
T_richard, trust me mate you do not want to see that anywhere near your screen! :D

Regards le loup garou

Velvet
28th Nov 2001, 03:31
Only if you suddenly stopped breathing Wiz ;)

min
28th Nov 2001, 07:47
Lol....I'm not sure that would be very healthy for any computer screen!! :) Besides, discretion is allegedly the better part of valour, or so I'm told (although it was tempting!.

AND...I'm still sitting here trying to remember which is port and which is starboard :)

PS. I have a few of Elle's characteristics...the long hair for one, but sadly, not the height :)
M.

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: min ]

T_richard
28th Nov 2001, 19:45
Min

count the number of letters in "port" and in "left" and you'll have your answer I thought you were a flier of some sort? I think you standards for a man are a little lax, shouldn't he be able to emote as well?

min
29th Nov 2001, 03:24
Oh...well..that's nice and simple then. Which means I sleep on the port side :) No need to share the middle after all!

No, TR, am not a flier of any sort - am an interloping nurse.

M.

tony draper
29th Nov 2001, 05:32
Never had a bunk at sea wide enough to have a Port and Starbord side Miss Min, these scallywags are trying to take advantage of your innocence, sounds like they are trying to get you to sign Greek articles. ;)

TowerDog
29th Nov 2001, 08:33
Ah Ms. Min: What is an "Interloping Nurse"?

(Sounds kind of exotic, does it hurt, or is it something you do to the patient? Do they enjoy it..?)

Sincerely

Confused in Florida.

min
29th Nov 2001, 08:48
Dear Confused of Florida

An interloping nurse is definitely a more exotic version...a step up from an eloping one!! "Have stethoscope, will travel, preferably first class" sort of nurse :) And I do my very utmost not to hurt, promise :)

Sincerely,
Min.

PS, Drapes, do you think they are taking advantage of me??? Am very disappointed...

Travelling Toolbox
29th Nov 2001, 09:55
Girls, girls, girls.

What's all this about "must have a Citation or a Hughes 500". Have any of you given a thought to snaring an engineer instead of one of these pilot types? An engineer would not only supply the machine of choice to the right lady, but he would maintain it for you for evermore!! (just don't ask where he got it, okay?)

An engineer also comes prepared with the right tool for the right job - ALWAYS!!!

NOW THERE IS A DEAL :D :D :D :D :D

cath
29th Nov 2001, 10:03
Hmmmm....an engineer would be able to maintain the said aircraft. And he wouldn't complain about us girls flying it!! Min...he may be right....

Feeton Terrafirma
29th Nov 2001, 14:26
SKC,

If I let you be the pilot, can I be the early worm?

:eek:

OzExpat
29th Nov 2001, 15:44
Tarbender... the early bird gets the worm. The early worm gets to become bird sh!t... :D

They'll do it to ya every time... ;)

Well, maybe not the nurses. Particularly not them specialist interloping ones! :p

GROUNDHOG
29th Nov 2001, 23:51
Look this is all very well but all I want is a Woman who just wants me for who I am and not the Ferrari I would give her to drive around in. Where are you all and who could stand the pace of a rampant 'hog!

The Mistress
30th Nov 2001, 00:22
What colour is the Ferrari?

GROUNDHOG
30th Nov 2001, 01:44
What colour do you want.....

The Mistress
30th Nov 2001, 02:40
Didn't Mr Ferrari say ...

I can have any colour I want. As long as it's RED ;)

G.Khan
30th Nov 2001, 02:55
At the risk of lowering the tone somewhat I always thought that a male trait most desired by women was for him to have a 6 to 8 inch tongue and the ability to breathe through his ears? No?

OK, OK - leaving the room :(

[ 29 November 2001: Message edited by: G.Khan ]

[ 30 November 2001: Message edited by: G.Khan ]

GROUNDHOG
30th Nov 2001, 20:49
Your in luck then mistress, 'cos it is red - now where do you want it delivered.... oh yes u sure its me you want and not the 'rari which was the point of the post? Qualifications a pulse and er, er, must be something else oh yes a sense of humour!

Techchick
1st Dec 2001, 03:17
You go ahead and get eaten, Feeton....

See, girls?

You cant trust any of them........
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AA SLF
1st Dec 2001, 11:47
Feeton -

The nice lady Techchick has just made you an "offer". No response??

Just put Melanie out of your mind for a while! :D :cool:

dAAvid -

Bio Warrior
1st Dec 2001, 14:45
Most things woman want in a guy have been said over and over so I thought I would add my unique 2 cents worth.

I always joke that I'm going to get married for two major things

-Paperwork filled out
-and jars bottles and cans opened

* paperwork shows intelligence, attention to detail, patience and the ability to deal with the complexities of the real world (It may be worth noting that one of the major forms of paperwork that intimidates me are credit card applications (kitten doesn't have one because one look at said forms makes her braincells go on strike), unlike most girls who are looking for a guy to pay the creditcard bill I just want someone who can fill out the blasted forms for me!)

*opening jars and cans, basically he's stronger than me, knows how to use his hands and tools in a useful capable manner, (actually knowing what a can opener is and where its kept shows basic knowledge of what happens in a kitchen without being trained.) Obviously he's around when I want him, can follow simple instructions and does what I ask and doesn't get irritated with my limitations.

I can of course do both of the above things (except maybe fill out creditcard applications, an inability to do this task probably is a plus rather than a minus in most guys books) but well a guy has to have s o m e uses doesn't he ;)

_ Bio
(Kitten looking for a Tomcat who can do paperwork and open jars)

Feeton Terrafirma
1st Dec 2001, 15:41
Gezzz Techy,

I wuz just messin around :rolleyes:

Honest..............

And you know I want to be eaten :D

apacau
1st Dec 2001, 15:53
Wow, reading this my life is looking up...

Wizard: (from post on first page - i got in on the chat late!), you live in PER - hence the "tyranny of distance".... As for me, being an Adelaideian (sp?), I'm right on the doorstep (at least as min goes) :)

As for all you northern-hemisphere folk - you just don't stand a chance!

Oh well, for me it's just reassuring that there are women who love travel and aviation (whew!) and not only that but they also seem half decent! Pity I've yet to meet one personally :confused:

Oh well, that's my 2c...

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: The ADL man, formerly Alex AC ]

the wizard of auz
1st Dec 2001, 18:47
Well the ADL man(and all the rest of that realy long name), it doesnt matter coz Velvet says she loves me anyway, so nnnnnyyyyyyaaaaaa.
sorry min. :rolleyes:
oh and I live quite a distance from Perth too(thank goodness).

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: the wizard of auz ]

Techchick
1st Dec 2001, 19:20
Well, as its you, Feeton, I'll forgive you :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

OzExpat
1st Dec 2001, 19:50
Bio Kitten... I can do all of that sorta stuff. Have had lots of practice with it, one way and another, so it seems like I'm the bloke yer looking for! :)

PAXboy
1st Dec 2001, 20:28
I believe that I can offer female aviators a suitable combination of their 'wish list'.

I will of course, appreciate her enjoyment and mania to fly. Knowing that she will be away for several days at a time, leaving me to quietly mind my own business ;)

When she gets back, she will want urgent, rampant sex and to tell me all about the sectors and down route parties. Once I have filled in the forms for her, opened the jars and tins, handed over the freshly laundered uniform - she will buzz off and leave me in peace!

I hereby swear that I would not be interested in her just for the flight concessions (even though my family live 5,000 miles away). I promise to give her first class service, even on the occasions that we are having to economise. Gak, this is starting to sound like Blind Date :eek:

KYBO
2nd Dec 2001, 07:31
Hey Gals listen up..guess wot the major problem is........we guys are aware these days that woman WANT, WANT, WANT but never get around to doing much giving these days

I have heard the following too many times "We gals dont need men anymore".......well yr RIGHHTTTTT but at the same time we men dont need u gals anymore.......I happily cook, clean,entertain, & just get a window tapper in once a week.......PERFECT.

Life could not be better.......

Now come on guys be honest & agree cause i know I am gonna cop it......LOL

Techchick
2nd Dec 2001, 13:09
Well, ok, KYBO,

But who would listen to you when youre really down?
Who would be there just to love you at night?
Dont you ever wish that there was someone at home with the lights on, and a meal ready?
Wouldnt you like it if you went in and there was a smiling baby sqealing with delight at the sight of you?

You cant have all this without a woman......we are still worth considering, we just want to be treated a little better :(

Whirlybird
2nd Dec 2001, 14:14
Right, so that's settled; women don't need a meal ticket any more and men don't need a housekeeper. So we can start discussing what really matters. I'm not starting though; I'm going away for a few days; I'll catch up on this next weekend. Bye people.

Steepclimb
2nd Dec 2001, 15:14
Well they don't want me, thats for sure. If we can find out why then then we'll soon figure out what they do want.

B.Loser
2nd Dec 2001, 22:54
Techchick: P-u-l-e-e-e-e-a-s-e! Is that required learning for all girls in school or something?!?

KYBO: COVER YOUR EARS, DUDE! That's how they try to "set the hook". I'm tellin' ya, once they've "got ya reeled in" they grow fangs - BIG, UGLY, FANGS!!!

Velvet
2nd Dec 2001, 22:56
So what do women want - - well for starters they want a man whose eyes light up when you walk in the room. Whose smile says 'Just wait till we're alone' and it sends little shivers of anticipation through your being. A man who calls you up just to hear your voice. A man who makes you feel gorgeous and sexy and special.

Judy O'Halloran
3rd Dec 2001, 04:03
Obviously, everyone has their own ideals.
But personally I'd just like a male that appreciated me for who I am; conceded that I made a valid contribution to the household; actually TALKED to me on a daily basis; and didn't freeze out my friends or interests as being of no consequence...
Aaahh well, I'll just dream on...

tony draper
3rd Dec 2001, 04:14
Thats funny Miss Velvet,Draper has eyes that light up in the dark and ladies always seem to run away, tsk tsk tsk, Draper must be doin something wrong. ;)

OzExpat
3rd Dec 2001, 18:17
Best you revert to your "Dr Jekyll" mode, Mr. D... "Mr Hyde" mode ain't cuttin' it! :D

Feeton Terrafirma
3rd Dec 2001, 18:26
most wimin just seem to want my blood :(

Techchick
4th Dec 2001, 01:01
And why would that be, do you think,
Mr. Terrafirma? :p

T_richard
4th Dec 2001, 02:58
Dear Ms Velvet
Your explanation of what a woman is looking for in a man is probably the most romantic I have ever read. Thank you, now if I could just find the right woman to apply those ideas to.

the wizard of auz
4th Dec 2001, 18:16
After pondering the initial question a while I have come to the conclusion..........How the **** would I know, sh it even they dont know most of the time. ;)

Velvet
5th Dec 2001, 03:14
Oh yes we do - bugsmasherdriverandjediknight - sometimes it's Fred Flinstone and other times he's over the rainbow ;)

the wizard of auz
5th Dec 2001, 08:26
MMMMMMMMM, fred flinstone, and I spose I could do the rainbow bit too.
;) :D :eek:

LowNSlow
15th Dec 2001, 16:05
But Wiz, would you know when you are supposed to be Fred? :confused:

I'm useless at catching hints unless they are tied to a heavy object and thrown at me. :D :confused: :D

rebeccadblake
15th Dec 2001, 16:07
Wow... what a question to ask. For me its....

1. Sex
2. Partner who likes you for who you are rather than how much you weigh, and doesn't effect your sex life.
3. Caring partner and not one who turns away when your upset
4 a boyfriend who will use a comdom is aways very handy and less annoying too.
5. a boyfriend who wont neglet me, or take me for granted.

[ 16 December 2001: Message edited by: Cheshire cat EGHH ]

cath
16th Dec 2001, 14:10
feets in reference to your earlier post....sorry mate u missed out there was an earlier worm....!!!!

And now i must revise my earlier list of what women (or at least this one) wants...

A pilot
someone with whom i can have an intelligent conversation
someone who enjoys having fun
6'ish short brown hair ...
enjoys sex (can't change that bit) :D

hee hee.

Feeton Terrafirma
16th Dec 2001, 14:44
awwwwwww SKC

I only miss out on 1 point......... really

despite rumours to the contrary I can hold an intelligent conversation

I'm over 6' and have brown hair

enjoys sex (would I have to moderate myself to only "enjoy" it? ;) )

[ 16 December 2001: Message edited by: Feeton Terrafirma ]

Whirlybird
16th Dec 2001, 23:37
A friend of mine vowed she'd never marry; when she finally did I asked her about it. She shrugged and said; "Well, he was my best friend". Hmmm, that sounds pretty good to me.

Tamara
17th Dec 2001, 02:11
whats so special about pilots?

and Feeton, gosh youre a tart!!!!!!

cath
17th Dec 2001, 12:54
special about pilots?? I dunno...maybe im just going through a phase....but pilots seem to be much more fun than most others i know!! Plus a common interest helps, of course.

Ah, feets....perhaps you did not realise i was referring to someone SPECIFIC!! :D :D
Sorry...have to fit the whole checklist.... :p

TwinNDB
17th Dec 2001, 15:00
And who would that be then SKC :D

OzExpat
17th Dec 2001, 19:35
Hmmm, I gotta wonder about sheilas who actively seek pilots. Ain't natural... I've got this idea that maybe they like the fact that their pilot "mate" has to go away every so often... :D

Or maybe it's that we're so ... worldly? :eek: Nah, couldn't be THAT! ;)

The Voice
18th Dec 2001, 10:56
Oze ... what can I say ... perhaps it is the uniform thing, or perhaps it is the nonchalant way in which some pilots extoll their own virtues which temporarily blinds the normally wisened femmes' of their attention at that precise moment!

min
18th Dec 2001, 12:30
... the nonchalent way in which they extol their virtues....

Pilot to gorgeous date (that'd be me.. :)) "Well, I've talked about me for long enough, how about you talk about me now?" ....

Sorry, I couldn't resist that... :)

M.

[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: min ]

dingducky
18th Dec 2001, 13:14
i thought it would be well thats enough about me lets talk about flying :p

Paterbrat
18th Dec 2001, 16:22
What women want appears to be, "Some of this some of that, all of this and none of that, more of that. Can't bear that, you haven't got enough of that, and don't worry because tomorrow I will have changed my mind and it will all be diferent so stay on your toes and by the way you won't do because you simply aren't flexible enough."
Complex organisms women, creatures of great mystry capable of inspiring some of the world's most magnificent poetry, music architecture from men they have blinded berwildered and bedazled. Also of inspiring murder mayhem and madness, in fact the French Foreign Legion probably owes it's very existance to the ladies.
What women want will of course remain one of lifes imponderable mystries, one thing I do hazard a guess at is that inflatable sheep isn't one of them.

Feeton Terrafirma
18th Dec 2001, 16:31
Hey Min I think we know the same bloke.......... ;)

Chimbu chuckles
18th Dec 2001, 19:03
Come on guys!!!! What women want is immaterial...'cause it'll change by tomorrow :p

I like the window tapper....but weekly is not near enough. :D

And all those ladies waxing lyrical about 'knowing looks' etc etc should give up reading Mills & Boon.

You want great sex?....with the same person year in and out? Better stop reading Cosmo too!

25 years of watching women picking the wrong guy for the wrong reasons(and ending up in tears after), of changing after they meet the right guy and all of a sudden he's no longer the right guy, of trying to make the right guy into some-one he is not(what did the 'fall in love with' in the first place?) has taught me one thing about females.

THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT SO HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!

And guess what ladies,

WE CAN'T READ MINDS SO GET OVER IT!!!

As for your wish list.

I am a single father who is perfectly capable of doing all house hold chores, though lately have a maid in 3 days a week to help out.

I like sex, a lot!

I have a nice BRG V12 Jaguar in Australia.

I have a lovely A36 Bonanza(well me and the bank :D)

I have a nice motor bike!

I have a good well paid flying job which will give me the best chance possible of retiring early enough to enjoy above mentioned toys, + a sailing boat with luck.

Would I like a life partner to share it with, of course.

Will I take the risk of starting at scratch after donating all worldly goods and emotions in a divorce....again, nope!

While I accept that a great deal of this thread is tongue in cheek, and believe me girls I'm no-where near as bitter as the above sounds....anymore :D, take it easy on the "I want" routine.

Chuckles :D ;)

[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: Chimbu chuckles ]

max_cont
18th Dec 2001, 21:49
Chuckles, it just so happens that I’m now bored with the present MKII model I‘m with. I can let her go at a knock down price. Stats follow
1.5’2” Tall
2.Weight in proportion to height
3.Long dark hair
4.Brown eyes, all her own teeth.
5.Very fit (fitness manager down the local gym)
6.Never raced or rallied.
7.One careful owner…several careless ones.
8.House trained…mostly.
9.Has been known to clean…occasionally.
10.Will listen… well ok, almost never.
I’d be willing to trade for two beers and some piece and quiet plus £500 (negotiable)

Offers invited… :D :D ;)

Chimbu chuckles
18th Dec 2001, 22:10
Converstion between self and last girlfriend after being together for about 1 month!

She "So where do we stand?"

Me "huh?"

She "I want to know whether I'm wasting my time"

Me "Huh?"

She "Well I want to get married and have kids"

Me "I have a wonderful daughter. I don't want more children. Marriage? Well not to anyone I've known for a month"

She "Well you are very selfish! Am I wasting my time?"

Me "Well all the time you spend this side of my front door is!"

I guess she knew what she thought she sorta wanted?

Chuck :D

tony draper
18th Dec 2001, 23:11
I have a nice BRG V12 Jaguar in Australia.

I have a lovely A36 Bonanza(well me and the bank )

I have a nice motor bike!

Sod the ladies,I'll marry you Mr C. ;)

PPRuNe Pop
19th Dec 2001, 00:39
To ease the burden on the server..........I know you have heard it all before.

By all means start a mark 2 thread. This one I am closing.

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]