PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!

TicTac1982
6th Apr 2004, 17:38
Hi, im thinking of embarking on a full (practically zero) to professional atpl jaa licence course in the states. Just wondered if any of you have any recommendations as to what flying schools i should look into, price and reputation wise!
thanks
tictac1982

YYZ
7th Apr 2004, 15:32
First: Good luck
Second: if you go for it, say goodbye to your hard earned cash!
Third: do a search & all the information you need will flood out.

Plenty of good schools, but its the one that suits you that counts, go and visit them.

YYZ

406pilot
9th Apr 2004, 07:46
hi tic tac,

i dont know if thats a good move or not,a bit of a chicken n egg situation actually,it all depends on ur financial situation entirely,beware that having a jaa atpl does not guarantee a job even if its with easy jet.
i always told people never to buy a ferrari if u cant afford one,i think u will get the point...
i dont wanna dicourage u but rather encourage u to a wonderfull proffesion,but there is a stee struggle frm the moment u get ur licence to the moment u get a job

good luck mate
406pilot

Pinga
9th Apr 2004, 08:55
but there is a stee struggle frm the moment u get ur licence to the moment u get a job

Shouldn't that be IF u get a job?

Sorry to be negative but there are shed loads of people who want jobs and already have fatpl's waiting for that first job. What happens to fatpl's who don't get jobs after say 5 years?