PDA

View Full Version : time for a move to malaysia

jocksaway69
6th Apr 2004, 16:49
Ok here's the thing..... got a job pay not great and far away from good old UK already..... woman moving to Malaysia next year..... should I go along for the RIDE.....
Got JAA ATPL 2500 hrs mostly single piston and turbine....

Anyone out there with some real advice as to how hard it will prove to find any kind of flying postion large or small as have read that the country is moving towards only hiring locals?

Thanks in advance for any help

LooseConnection
7th Apr 2004, 00:38
Try Transmile Air a freight operator, have a few expats and recently hired a UK guy.

<www.transmile.com>

The problem for the operators out here is there are no locals to hire, but it doesn't seem to sway the Malaysian Authorities and they make life difficult. :ok:

jocksaway69
7th Apr 2004, 01:03
Thanks for that looseconnections will check on that just glad to hear that even if they do make it tough there are still companies willing..... have been dealing with the same deal the last 2 years in central america.:*

LooseConnection
7th Apr 2004, 03:18
"jocksaway69" Chk your PM ;)

jocksaway69
9th Apr 2004, 12:52
Anyone know if is possible to renew JAA check rides IR/Twin in Malaysia and if possible the costs involved.

Thanks

triplegem
10th Apr 2004, 10:53
Jocks,
I believe Malaysia DCA is now looking at JAA licences favourably.
If you are offered a job, you should get a validation for a year or two. If you are lucky you you may get full exemption on conversion to Malaysian licence. Othervice you may get a partial exemtion, whereby you have to sit for a few papers(UK CAA based)and to pass it within 2 years. As for the IR, it will be done during type conversion.IR on light twin is not valid for jets anyway.Good luck.

kwaiyai
13th Apr 2004, 07:58
Hi Jocksaway,
If you originally had a UK ATPL then dependant on what position you might be offered you should get a 1 to 1 conversion.
If you go to MFA you will get CPL if you are lucky to be hired by an Airline then you will get ATPL.
JAA should also convert.
Regards:ok:

Aileron Roll
13th Apr 2004, 12:20
Kwaiyai,

I understand Wilson was always the man to talk to regarding converting of Atpls, a shame he is no longer with us.

yyzdub
14th Apr 2004, 21:03
jocksaway69 ---

Spoke with some guys at Transmile last year and they seem to favour people with approx 700-1500 hrs for their Jet Transition program, usually on the 727 or 737-200. The cost I was told is roughly $18000USD and that gets you so many hours and the possibility, depending on your performance, of a contract or full time employment. They also do about 250hrs block time on the Caravan for a hefty price.

I've hear, however, that they are a great outfit to fly for! Hope that helps for some thoughts and ideas. PM me and I can give you the persons contact details.

Good Luck.

15th Apr 2004, 09:01
Anyone needs a malaysian citizen pilot?

4000hrs on wide-body jets , all EFIS.

p1- 2100hrs

rated: A310 / A340 / B747-400.

:ok:

Malaysia BOLEH Dudes

geo7E7
15th Apr 2004, 16:46
To 422...

Are you advertizing yourself there or for a friend, brother? Looking at the ratings, most of us know where it came from...or just maybe...! I'm pretty sure you know the processes in Athihut or the Emirates, right? MH probably just a waste of a good talents and experience! One of them is a cappy in AirAsia.......... All the best......:ok:

Cool banana
26th Apr 2004, 13:58
Hello there,

Anyone got any additional information on Transmile Jet Transition program for either their Boeing 727 or 737-200 aircraft?

Thanks in advance for any help:

LooseConnection
26th Apr 2004, 19:20
Re Transmile, word on the street is that they are desparate for a couple of Capt's on the B727, immediate ! :)

forum newbie
26th Apr 2004, 22:16
My wife is a malaysian citizen living in singapore. I am a US citizen holding a FAA comm/multi license. I am thinking of moving to malaysia and converting my license in order to apply with AirAsia. Anyone think its worth it? Its impossible to get a job here in the US so i thought i would give it a try in malaysia.