PDA

View Full Version : Advice

craig1975
6th Apr 2004, 07:34
I am 28 years old and starting a full time modular f ATPL in June (est to be done in 12 months). I have 2 degrees and am a qualified accountant. Does anybody have any ideas on the employment probablities. Am I too old? Is modular that disadvantaged over integrated etc.

As I read PPRUNE I get the serious impression that stacks of people have got the fATPL, but by PPRUNES stats nobody has employment!!!!!!!!!!

Surely the way to getting that first job depends on what you can offer the airline in addition to the flying skills

Please advise me on this.

Cheers:ok: :ok: :ok:

silverknapper
6th Apr 2004, 09:20
You mean you'll audit them on your standby days?!

SK

chris
6th Apr 2004, 19:39
go for it mate. On the plus side. If you ever work for anyone that goes bust you will know how to get money out of them. Il say it again, go for it. there are guys half as old as you again who are starting out. 28 isnt old!

tom24
7th Apr 2004, 08:28
I'm an accountant. I'm going for it. In the worst case scenario that I never get a flying job, I am safe in the knowledge that there will always be someone out there willing to have me maintain their Fixed Asset Register.

Go for it. What have you got to loose apart from a lot of cash? At least you have another skill that you can rely on should it go tits up.

mad_jock
7th Apr 2004, 08:40
You mean you'll audit them on your standby days?!

That isn't as daft as it sounds.

I have heard of one lad who got his break for first job by agreeing to fix the hanger roof!!!

MJ