PDA

View Full Version : Starving

yachtpilot
6th Apr 2004, 06:36
Help..!!!
Anyone out there know of any operators ( preferably outside of Europe ) needing turbo-prop pilots ???
Since 9/11 things have disappeared down the tubes....UK Citizen with almost 7000 hrs nearly all turbo-prop...specialize in survey work and likes the more remote areas....Oil company support work would be ideal but whatever....
If anyone has any suggestions ( polite ones that is ) I'd be grateful to hear them prefeably by PM..... : )

I-CRUZ
6th Apr 2004, 07:51
Try to take a glance at www.zimex.com
They are a swiss society but they expecially work in Angola, Libya and Algerie.

Good luck
Cruz :ok:

JoeCo
7th Apr 2004, 08:12
I-CRUZ stole my answer ;-) but have you thought of trying some of the operators down in South Africa? It's sounds like it could be pretty remote down in that part of the world. Perhaps a good source of information cold be the JP Fleet book. Although it is only as current as of the time of the research, it's still an excellent source of info for many many companies around the world. If you are not already familiar with the book, have a look for it, I think it may be worth your while. Let me know if this has helped.

Joe

I-CRUZ
7th Apr 2004, 08:22
What is JP fleet book? Where could I find it? Is it a good source?

Yachtpilot, I'm sorry for my off-topic!

Thanx

Cruz
:ok:

JoeCo
7th Apr 2004, 09:28
Well i think it is a good source of information. I mean, it's not the end-all and be-all of aviation information, but it is definately an excellent start. You can find airlines that you didn't even know existed and judge which companies would be best suited for the type of qualifications or career objectives that you have.

I just pulled out my copy:

Bucher & Co., Publikationen
P.O. Box 44
CH-8058 Zurich-Airport, Switzerland
Phone: +41 (01) 8741 747
Fax: +41 (01) 8741 757
E-Mail: [email protected]
Internet: http://www.buchairnet.com

Do a search on the internet and see what you can find.

Cheers,

Joe

FLEXJET
7th Apr 2004, 09:33
you can order it in UK too:

BUCHair UK Ltd

+44(0)1737 224 747

They are nice and friendly from what I once more experienced last Friday.

flufdriver
8th Apr 2004, 03:01
Didn't I just see an Ad (Flight International) for experienced Turbo prop Pilots for the british Antarctic Survey?

Sounds almost Tailor-made for you and the money doesn't sound too bad either

yachtpilot
8th Apr 2004, 05:15
Many thanks to all for the responses....I'll try to locate the book...Antarctic survey would be fine but they only accept people up to ( I think ) 35 yrs of age....Once again...thanks for that...YP

V1 Rotate
12th Apr 2004, 22:26
Try Federal Air in Durban South Africa.

V1