PDA

View Full Version : Injustice By Flapforty!!

elderberry
5th Apr 2004, 23:06
"""""""""""fetishes, hang-ups and pet-obsessions""""""""""""

My montages are none of them! They're public entertainment. True, you may not find my stuff 'entertaining' but that's subjective territory.

The other moderator, flybly, found NOTHING in my threads to justify a deletion.

I would hope a deeper explanation could be printed here and that others who found my pictures mildly amusing would come forth and say so here!

mattpilot
5th Apr 2004, 23:21
I did actually like your postings and thought they were funny - in a wierd way of course :)

would sure hate to see you stop posting those pictures with that wierd/ugly guy on them :E :}

I did read flaps postings, but I can't see what she/he? is talking about...

redsnail
5th Apr 2004, 23:25
Was it Flaps that removed your thread? There are many mods. Do you know if she was told to remove it? If it was a thread that you couldn't show to someone in the Hotel lobby then it is removed.
Often a thread is moved into Admin where it's merits is discussed. If overall, every one thinks that it is ok then it will be returned. If not, then oh well.
I do know something, the more you howl about censorship and harshness, the closer you get to being net disciplined.
Just cop it sweet.

ILS32
6th Apr 2004, 00:00
Grapes of wrath, that's what makes them so angry and nasty.

elderberry you are not the only one to have a posting deleted tonight, on another thread which was about does Allah have a sense of humour the above was posted.I posted immediately afterwards with ******* said don't take my name in vine.It was deleted within 2 minutes and I didn't now why.I now think I know why it was deleted.If I include the name which I have starred then I think that I would have been deleted again.I thought it was funny.I assume it was flapsforty who deleted it because she stated that there was a fine line between blasphemy and humour.I don't believe I had crossed that line.If I had been a moslem and had written the the Arch Bishop of Canterbury said don't take my name in vine would that have been deleted.Maybe one of the mods can let me know why my posting was deleted.I don't wish to have another posting deleted because at the end of the day Jetblast is a forum for PPruners to have a bit of fun.:confused:

BlueDiamond
6th Apr 2004, 00:32
Heads up you guys. Moderators are not required to give you their reasons for deleting/removing something. You appear to be making the mistake of thinking that because you find nothing offensive about what you posted, then nobody will. The mods have to take a far more careful look at things because if they do not and something slips past them which results in a serious problem, then it is Danny who will have to deal with that sh !t and it's often only the mods who stand between him and that sort of problem.

Calling their reasons "fetishes, hang-ups and pet obsessions" is hardly likely to get your posts restored, neither will it go far towards smoothing relationships. We JetBlast regulars do NOT want to have this forum closed down again as a result of people ignoring the "Hotel Lobby" rule and smart-mouthing the mods. You would be far less than popular with people here if that happened again as a result of something you posted ... and believe me, Danny will not hesitate to pull the plug on JB. The question then would be whether or not he would ever open it again.

Chaffers
6th Apr 2004, 01:07
Well it would either have to be libelous, offensive or quite amazingly crap to be deleted. Dunno which one the examples above fit but can guarantee it was one of them.

Check your PMs and you might have a reason given, though complaining on here about it is rather a seriously bad move...

Go on flapsy, 'ave 'im!

Onan the Clumsy
6th Apr 2004, 02:25
Whhilst I for one would welcome a thread involving fetishes - especially one with pictures, I can only say that Flaps does what must be at best an arduous task (can you imagine having to read ALL this [email protected]?) with grace and elegance and if she feels a post has to go then go it must. Without her and her colleagues and the time they volunteer, we would have no Jet Blast.

Can I have my missing posts back now?

T_richard
6th Apr 2004, 03:11
I am siding with Onan on this one. Fetishes are fine if they don't leave any lasting marks or cause permant damage.:O

As far as I have been able to discern, this is Danny's sandbox; play by his rules, good, bad or indifferent, or take your pail and shovel and go home. It's up to you C'est fini

Jerricho
6th Apr 2004, 04:40
Onan the voice of reason..........whatever is the world coming to?:p

What next? Plazbot coming up with a plan for world peace?

Anthony Carn
6th Apr 2004, 06:57
You should worry, elderberry.

When I start a thread it dives so fast I need a pressure chamber to recover without getting the bends. :rolleyes:

:} :} :}

a is dum
6th Apr 2004, 07:16
I wonder why AC, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

tony draper
6th Apr 2004, 07:26
Concider yourselves lucky, what you don't want is Flappy knocking on yer front door,she is very good with a bullwhip,but only in matters of business.
:rolleyes:

Boss Raptor
6th Apr 2004, 07:38
One of several Mod/Pprune 'censorship' threads that seem to be appearing regularly - read the terms and conditions, Mods can censor/remove whatever and whomever they feel inappropriate (just like most other well run/organised/disciplined boards) - getting boring - shape up or ship out - like it or lump it et. al.

flyblue
6th Apr 2004, 07:46
elderberry,

we don't "delete" threads, we send them to the Big Forum in the PPRuNe Sky where only Mods are allowed. Your "Entity" thread is not there, so as I said it was not us who deleted it.
Referring to Flaps' exhortation not to hijack the Forum etc, I would strongly advise you to follow it. Mods don't act on a whim, but follow rules and lines given by Danny or agreed by the the Board of the Sages.
BlueDiamond amost said it all. He just didn't stress enough how precarious is the status of a Forum like JB on a Professional Pilot site.
A word to the wise...

Ric Capucho
6th Apr 2004, 08:22
Flapper probably took the thread into her boudoire for careful examination.

Ric

Bronx
6th Apr 2004, 08:24
BlueDiamond Calling their reasons "fetishes, hang-ups and pet obsessions" is hardly likely to get your posts restored, neither will it go far towards smoothing relationships. You've gotten the wrong end of the stick.
He didn't.

Source (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=125339)

squire
6th Apr 2004, 08:28
hehehehe where is bigfatsweatysox

elderberry
6th Apr 2004, 09:14
ILS32, then you too should have started a protest thread!

Referring to Flaps' exhortation not to hijack the Forum

How is posting an 'Off Topic' thread in the 'Off Topic' forum hijacking the forum?! Something needs to change and it ain't me!:mad:

ILS32
6th Apr 2004, 10:53
No elderberry I will not be starting a protest thread.I have only been contributing since January so I am still learning. I have had a quick look at the rules of engagement again and yes somebody has to make the decision on what is acceptable for posting.I just sit at home in front of my screen typing a way.I now realise the how hard it must be for the mods scrutinising hundreds of postings.Rather them than me.I've had my bottom slapped and will be careful in future.I used to get it slapped at school but then it was a size 10 slipper.OUCH

ils32

surely not
6th Apr 2004, 11:02
and much more fun eh ILS 32 :) :)

Paterbrat
6th Apr 2004, 11:25
Good grief and all this time I thought Blue Diamond was a lady.:\

bigfatsweatysock
6th Apr 2004, 11:27
Still here, squire.

I look in every now and then but havent seen any of my friends posting recently. My work here is done.

redsnail
6th Apr 2004, 11:32
Bluey is a lady :D

Coconuts
6th Apr 2004, 11:35
Elderberry, Do not highjack this forum by endlessly introducing your private fetishes, hang-ups and pet-obsessions.

If I looked like him with his crooked smile & staring eyes, (frightened the life out of me he did), I'd have plenty of private fetishes, hang-ups and pet-obsessions too.

Give him a break Flaps, he needs it! LOL ;)

Coco

Paterbrat
6th Apr 2004, 11:38
Hmmm what's with the color blue and the ladies??? Oh... sorry Redsnail forgot myself.

Jerricho
6th Apr 2004, 11:56
then you too should have started a protest thread!

"2, 4, 6, 8, don't mod my threads, I think I'm great!"

(I'm sure you could hire rent-a-mob to join in)

flyblue
6th Apr 2004, 12:03
then you too should have started a protest thread!

Elderberry you have it all wrong. There is no such place here for a "protest thread". Mods' decisions are following the rules and final. We often communicate via PM with people wishing to understand the reason for some decision we have to make, in a constructive spirit, but we don't owe any explanation. This is not a public playground. It has Danny's name at the bottom of the legal papers, and he's rightfully entitled to make his own rules. We are not forcing you to stay if you don't like it, but if you want to remain a ppruner you have to accept the way pprune is ruled (which, I believe, has something to do with pprune's success and popularity).
I already said that we didn't delete your thread. You probably did it yourself by mistake, it's already happened before. But if one of the Mods (it was Flaps but could have been me or Wholigan) suggests you should change the editorial line of your threads, then please comply or leave. No other option possible. End of discussion, it has already wasted too much of our time. Now, back to reading TRRBAPSOIT :ugh: :}