View Full Version : Best Employer???

Bobbi
5th Apr 2004, 18:10
JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHO IS CONSIDERED TO BE THE BEST EMPLOYER TO WORK FOR THESE DAYS .... IE, SALARY BENEFITS ETC ... NO EXACT FIGURES REQUIRED ... WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS?:)

crewboi83
6th Apr 2004, 00:05
As much as they get slagged off all the time by the industry I'd say MyTravel..... I love it there, I work in a North East base (Wont say which one) And the Girls/Boys there are fab to work with, every one of them!!
Good base Management!, firm but fair!! (the way it should be)
Ive never had any problems.... always someone there to back you up if you need it, they always promote teamwork.... sticking together and making it feel like a family... so you never feel alone.

As for benefits.... well the holiday packages and the pay is really good, i have a lot of friends who work for various other UK airline who can't belive the wage i come out with somtimes.

Can't wait for the day im made perm tho!!
Anyone from MYT disagreee? agree?

med123
7th Apr 2004, 12:33
EXCEL! why people slate slate charter i do not know. I am ex schedule n love it here.

crewboi83
7th Apr 2004, 13:14
Have heard good things about XLA - 2 of my mates just joined a new XLA base, they luv it so far.... and as for the Sched or Charter thing

DEFFO CHARTER!!!! its such a laugh! People are much nicer.... both staff and passengers, wouldnt trade it for nowt!!! :P

worldwidelad
8th Apr 2004, 11:53
I think BA are good to work for. Every company has had to tighten the purse strings over the last couple of years, so things might not be as good as they were but I'm still happy!

Benefits are great... discounts all over the place.
Excellent concessions with BA and other airlines after just 6 months working.

Great pay... never dreamed I would be earning this much as cabin crew!

Passengers are fine... ( there are nice and not so nice passengers travelling on every airline)

BA is so much more relaxed than the charter airline where I worked before, and not stuck up its own arse. We have a great laugh onboard, always room parties down route. Lots of hotels, have a crew room set up down route ( where I am now, because I can't sleep!) We've got internet access, TV, lounge area, free alcohol in the evening.

We are really well looked after at BA!

I have friends who work for Excel, who say that its a great company to work for, also Britannia!

Whoever you choose to pursue a career with, GOOD LUCK! x