PDA

View Full Version : Mmm...Danone!

Low Fidelity
5th Apr 2004, 15:18
Whats with all this Probiotic, good bacteria stuff? :confused:

On the advice of a mate I'm swallowing gallons of the stuff a week and addicted, but what exactly is meant to happen to me? Can I expect new found super powers or something? Or...could it be Im just easily influenced!

Please help, its really quite expensive! :(

Regards

Lo-Fi

tony draper
5th Apr 2004, 15:21
Err, aren't yer supposed to rub it on yer feet??:uhoh:

spork
5th Apr 2004, 16:23
I wouldn't have thought you need to keep on taking this stuff. I sometimes take Yakult when my system is depleted, such as after taking anti-biotics. Them good germs can then make a comeback, as the anti-biotics don't know good germs from bad germs.

Just had an op on me foot, and they pumped me full of anti-biotics several times. They must have a lot of faith in their hygiene to have to do that...

Anyway - after that my digestive system was naff until I downed a few Yakults. All back to normal now. Maybe they're for people who eat curries...

answer=42
5th Apr 2004, 16:27
Either bio-youghurt or friendly bacteria in pill form after a long flight. Suppose the altitude ain't so great for the local flora.

Idea is to re-establish the interior flora, ie restore the environment.

AerBabe
5th Apr 2004, 16:42
S'a loada rubbish, innit? Prolly all gets digested in ya gob before it even reaches somewhere where it can do good.
Maybe.

PTT
5th Apr 2004, 16:57
I tried it for about a week. It made my farts smell really bad and gave me stomach cramps.

I've come to the conclusion that my stomach is perfectly happy digesting the usual crap I shovel into it and doesn't want anything healthy. I happen to agree with it :D

IB4138
5th Apr 2004, 19:52
Do you realise that Danone now own that Great British Bastion...HP Sauce?:{

Synthetic
5th Apr 2004, 22:49
Sposed to stop you dieing. If it doesn't, you can claim on the guarantee

Keef
6th Apr 2004, 00:07
Dieing? Not a lot of that about these days.

If you eat all these patent products religiously every day, you won't live any longer, but you will have good cause for an appeal afterwards.

I tried Yakult once. Made me throw up. Followed it with a pint of Spitfire and felt a lot better.

set55
6th Apr 2004, 00:51
Yakult reminds me of evap milk, another wonderful concept
Nothing beats a phall to flush out any impurities in your system
:yuk:

Cardinal Puff
6th Apr 2004, 09:47
If yez drinks a few real (live) ales yez gets a fine ev'nin' out and all the beneficial wriggly things wot lives in yeast. Tastes a good deal better than that sour milk stuff too.....

avoman
6th Apr 2004, 10:03
Of course it's a con! Following the cessation of antibiotic therapy or other disturbance normal bacterial flora will reestablish themselves in the gut within hours. Miraculously this occurs without ingesting patent foodstuffs sold at some multiple of the price of normal food. Normal food not so profitable however.

surely not
6th Apr 2004, 11:08
so as I'm allergic to penicillin, am I also allergic to Yakult?

Low Fidelity
6th Apr 2004, 12:15
So it does nothing then! Darn it!!

May as well take up something less expensive and harmfull...like smoking :hmm:

Ho Hum