PDA

View Full Version : 601-3A ER or 3R Tanks full range?

international hog driver
5th Apr 2004, 09:50
Can anyone help answer a question re the range of a 601-3a ER or –3R.

The boss is investigating wether or not the aircraft meets the range requirements.

He is not really interested in Gulfstream products, the F900 is too much, and the 604 too expensive. All the docs we have been able to get from Bombardier are pushing 604 and the new 300, but no one really wants to answer our simple question.

What is the Tanks full range of a 601–3A ER or –3R at LRC? (.78?)

What is the payload when going tanks full (4/5)?

If anyone can help that would be great, pm or email me direct.

I hope he gets it for my sake as well
:E :E :E :ok:

Flight_Cru
5th Apr 2004, 09:58
...but Blues will have the answer so just wait a few more hours.

Great fun aircraft, hope it fits the bill.....Flown all over world in one and never underperformed.....so if U need start up crew cover, call me......Cru.

bluesafrica
5th Apr 2004, 14:17
There is no real difference between tail tank version of -3A or -3R.
Usually you can carry 4-6 pax with full fuel and that will take you about 3400 nm on M.77 with reserves. Good airplane and good value for money , like Cru very well knows. Some superb buys around still.
Blues:ok:

global707
6th Apr 2004, 01:55
If I remember correctly the 3A-ER has 17,600lbs full fuel and the 3R is 18,000lbs. Seem to remember the basically being a 7 hour aircraft at the LRC setting.

Would help if you could advise likely route pairings for an accurate assessment on suitablility. They will certainly outgun the new 300. Wider and taller cabin with greater range. Just higher operating costs.

Buy now, as prices are on the turn.

Enjoy

bluesafrica
6th Apr 2004, 08:51
Fuel capacity is exactly the same on -3A with tailtank and -3R. Usually full tanks show between 17200-17400lbs. Plenty fuel to get you there...
Blues

international hog driver
6th Apr 2004, 10:05
Thanks for your replies.

The boss wants to do 3550 NM over water, no on route diversions / alternates.

I am thinking its 604 territory.

Cheers IHD
:ok:

LGW Vulture
6th Apr 2004, 10:17
Its certainly GIV territory. Tasty examples on offer for US$13-14 M. :uhoh:

bluesafrica
6th Apr 2004, 14:04
Your requirements are effectively cutting 601´s out. Challenger 604, F900 or GIV will do a job.
But how often you really need that bit of extra range? Maybe still cheaper to do few extra landings per year and operate 601..... I am sure that your boss will see the economical side as well.
Blues

global707
6th Apr 2004, 15:49
604. Cheaper operating costs than the 900 and 4

:D

FLEXJET
6th Apr 2004, 17:07
Look at the utilisation rate too.

If your boss needs more hangar time than flying time, then the 601 is perfect !

(I am just kidding...)

Bumz_Rush
6th Apr 2004, 18:51
Sounds like a typical owner...sort out one problem, then up comes the next.
The G4 will satisfy the range, OK, and OK blues agree about the landing but the guy did say over water.
A F900 with three donkeys migth be the answer, but not cheap.
An almost new G4, is available, hot to trot...if desired....great range, and great interior. PM me if interested.
Bumz.

international hog driver
7th Apr 2004, 00:02
EERRRRRR Wet Landings only....

Sthn America to Africa 3550 NM, (too darn long if you ask me my bum gets numb after 4 hours).

As said ze boss hates (with a passion) any froggy stuff, ciao F900. G4 does it and good $ these days but the rest of his stuff is 3000 NM or less (usually 2000).

So 604 is probably it, lower DOC's, nicer pit (IMHO).;) and it will be more suited for the shorter range stuff utilisation currently @ 40 hpm.

Any vices you guys can enlighten us on before we go looking????

Cheers

bluesafrica
7th Apr 2004, 09:00
How often per year you will need to do from South America to South Africa. There is much shorter possibilities between these continents than Rio to Johannesburg ...?
Blues

international hog driver
7th Apr 2004, 11:33
That Blue’s my mate is the $64.00 Q.

It has been suggested that it is between 1 & 3 times per month, which depending on holiday seasons, buying season, selling seasons, euro seasons and all the other stuff the boss wants to do…. who the fxxx knows.

I do know that if he goes bigger and does a few trips the novelty will wear off after a couple months and then he will be stuck with a more expensive machine when he needs to do the little stuff and go to some of the out of the way places we sometimes find ourselves in.

Honestly right now I would rather he gets a 601 and then charters for the ULH stuff.

Don’t you think that a better idea, now all I have to do is justify saving 5-8 big kahoona dollars:} :ok: :E :E

bluesafrica
7th Apr 2004, 11:59
You will save a big money for your boss if you get him to understand that. There is massive price difference between 601 and 604 today and the passenger can't tell the difference between them.
You will enjoy either one, Challenger is a NICE plane.
Blues

global707
7th Apr 2004, 14:52
IHD

blues is right, either aircraft will serve you really well and if you can get the boss to undertand a 5 mill saving over a shorter range you would be better off.

having said that, as prices accross all fleets are generally down, it is a great time to buy that next step up aircraft.

Is it only for private use, or will you put it on a cert for charter

:D