PDA

View Full Version : SIA Direct Entry

kidmenot
5th Apr 2004, 09:02
I am looking for a contact address/number for Direct Entry FO position in SIA - LOCAL and without heavy Jet hours. Anyone here know whom should I be speaking to?:)

High Speed Descent
13th Apr 2004, 07:28
Kidmenot...........You are kidding right!

Mate without jet time you have to apply as a Cadet Pilot. (takes 6 mths)

What then? Depending on your Piston hours , you may start on the advanced trainer, the Learjet (takes 5 mths), then S/O on a fleet of SIA's choice could be cargo you have no say in the matter,( takes 10 mths). Then you checkout as a F/O in a Prestegious Airline (Best in the world by lots of magazines) and you will then earn the lowest pay in the industry!!!

So hurry, apply now at www.singaporeair.com.sg

Or alternately join SAS and then opt to come in as a Direct entry F/O on SIA Cargo!!!!:ok:

PS Where the heck is Tuktayaktuk!!!!:ooh: :oh: :O

akistar
24th Apr 2004, 06:25
Dear Kidmenot,
I wonder why SQ?
When the SQ A310 fleet closed down in Feb 2003, one caucasian F/O was asked to leave 'cos he has no ATPL qualifications as required by Singapore CAAS.
During the SARS period, out of the 25 that was asked to leave, 5 are F/Os, two of these are caucasian.
Most direct entry F/Os, has also left the company thu the years.
maybe less than 5 % remaining.....or less..
You would wonder why?
DE F/Os will have to go thu the in-house 3 mths Learjet45 course to qualify u to jet flying.
But this comes with a 7 years bond, costing S$320,000! I think it is lesser now? wonder why....& it takes u 10 years to be suitable in the command pool, but again no guarantee.

think twice

HighSpeedTape
24th Apr 2004, 09:59
Dont think SIA take any NON Local Direct entry pilots as FO.
The best bet is to chock out more hours and come in as a Direct FO to the Cargo 744 Fleet.

turbinejunkie
7th May 2004, 06:20
Can someone please help me here -

what is the policy with SIA regarding expats (either for direct entry positions on the freighters or cadet pilots)?

What experience or nationality requirements do they have for either stream of entry?

Would a willingness to obtain a type rating go any distance with obtaining a gig with them?

Please excuse my ignorance. I come from down-under.:} :p

Thanks in advance -

TJ:ok:

MD11Flyer
7th May 2004, 12:22
They will take expat F/O's but with thousands of hours of jet time. The Cadet pilots must however be Singapore residence.
I believe Tuktayaktuk is in Northwest Territories, Canada. Unless you have 4200 hours total, ATPL and at least 1500 hours jet time don't even waste your time trying to apply, and unless you live in Singapore already you won't get in as a cadet either. Good Luck!

To turbinejunkie:

I\'m not sure how much a 747 or 777 type rating would cost you but I know between $40-60,000 USD maybe more. So I wouldn\'t recommend paying that unless you already got the job.