PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions.

Anthony Carn
5th Apr 2004, 08:52
There's a theory that one's first impressions of people are uncannily accurate. Within the first minute, say.

I've recently done a mental survey of peeps I know/have known and it's almost perfectly true ! :ooh:

Agree ?

Another "fascinating" thread from your's truly........."Dive.....Dive......" *sound of klaxon* :uhoh:

AerBabe
5th Apr 2004, 08:56
Mostly, but with one HUGE exception. Not wanting to go into too much detail; a PPRuNer I saw as a threat who, now I know her, I realise is a wonderfully sweet individual (if a little barking). I couldn't have been more wrong.

Now for the REAL debate: how long does it take to form a first impression? :8

Anthony Carn
5th Apr 2004, 08:58
Within the first minute, say.
RTFQ. :rolleyes:

;)

a is dum
5th Apr 2004, 09:10
With responses like this:

""RTFQ. :rolleyes: ""

First impressions MUST be right! :ok: :E

Jerricho
5th Apr 2004, 12:56
I love it when you form an impression of a Prooner, then it turns out you know them (though work, marriage, incarceration etc.), and you were WAY off the mark.

Bre901
5th Apr 2004, 13:01
I think Mr Anthony Carn was speaking of the first impressions in the real world (you know, that strange place where you should be instead of pprooning all day long) :}

surely not
5th Apr 2004, 13:25
You mean this isn't real???:confused:

I think the circumstance in which you meet someone also affects the first impression. I can think of someone who when I first met them was in a position which didn't suit them and I thought they were 'not very good' at their job. Lo and behold when they got a new job they changed completely and were one of the most reliable people to deal with.

Nothing wrong with First opinions but you should always allow for change.