PDA

View Full Version : S.O. interviews Canada in the past...

Canadian Beech
5th Apr 2004, 03:17
Was wondering when the last round of interviews for S.O. positions were held in Canada... and when the next ones might be scheduled for.
Cheers

snowbirdbrad
6th Apr 2004, 21:30
last person I knew that had an interview with Cathay was last fall....hopefull more soon...you flying the 1900?

Mikey21
7th Apr 2004, 14:45
Hello brad, how the study going?.

Also for your info, there are a few interviews coming in may, in vancouver.

Seems like things are starting to move again, I believe there has been interviews in Australia as well.

Good luck.:cool:

Felix Lighter
8th Apr 2004, 05:02
Because of the rapid expansion that is planned there has been a major push in 2004 to recruit FOs to the freighter.

Post 2003 (and SARs) we also had lots of people 'on file' who had been offered employment.

Lastly we have a max of approx 220 training slots per year (limited by simulator slots). Including 36 Cadet SOs.

All positions (interview and starting) are full until August.

Recruiting are 'behind' with SOs because of the priority for Freighter FOs.

You can expect a push for SOs in the next 6 months. (Interviews in SYD, AKL, YVR and LHR coming up)

Mikey21
8th Apr 2004, 21:17
thanks felix,

you seem to be in the close circle, how are things looking for next year?
around march/april, is there a pattern?, by that i mean do they interview in vancouver at around the same time, may... or is it just random?

I understand that things can happen between now and then but, just curious.
Just hoping to get the magic number around that time next year that's all.

cheerio

Felix Lighter
11th Apr 2004, 01:41
Recruiting keep the interview locations etc pretty close to their chest....... obviously it can be commercially sensitive but also, its better not to promise too much in this industry! All sorts of events can (and do) upset the apple cart.

Short answer........I dont know!

BUT....... from 'history' they tend to get to most continents twice a year.....take from that what you will.......but it really depends on where the 'quality' candidates are.