PDA

View Full Version : Last thread closed

alexis_lambert
4th Apr 2004, 23:31
If you went into the site you would see that it is NOT a commercial site and has NO commercial gain and as i know the rules i would not have placed the thread in the 1st place if it were.

Disco Stu
5th Apr 2004, 03:55
An observation only.

If as alexis states the site he originally mentioned was NOT a commercial one AND had the mod actually checked it out then why was the original post edited/locked.

Was it checked or simply binned as a matter of course.

Seems some mods get a bit precious of this site, except tho when it comes to "highlighting" one of their own favourites.

Consistency is a good thing. Perhaps the mods could be constructive and fix the BB time 'cos it's an hour (and how many years) out

I wonder how long this post will last.

Disco Stu:hmm:

Peter Barron
5th Apr 2004, 06:54
I personally would not class the auction site that Alexis put a link to as a commercial site.
Its basically free to buy and sell so they are not in it for making money.
Yes it does have links and banners on but then most sites do to try and cover their cost.
Ebay which is a commercial auction site does crop up in various threads, so if you say something to do with ebay or post a thread about an ebay auction is that classed as advertising ebay.

Peter.

alexis_lambert
5th Apr 2004, 09:22
I am only trying to help spread the word as it was only launched at 6am yesterday morning.

PPRuNe Radar
5th Apr 2004, 12:02
time test 1303 UK Local

Near enough here ;)

Disco Stu, suggest you have a look at the Time Options in your User Profile. Might have a wrong setting there perhaps ??

Mine is set for the UK and as you can see is only a minute or so out.

spekesoftly
5th Apr 2004, 13:03
PPRune Radar,

With 'user cp' set to GMT, the PPRuNe Clock ("All times are GMT"), has been showing a time of GMT+1hr since the UK changed to BST on the 28th March 2004. Perhaps you could investigate?

Posted at 13:03 GMT.

PPRuNe Radar
5th Apr 2004, 13:25
Ah, that's the problem. We don't recognise GMT any more in our automated scripts and things .... it's UTC we deal in now, as have most of the world for the last 5 years or so ;)

Will have a word with the Towers and see if we can get the clock wound up.

As for the website issue, never saw it myself before it was removed so can't comment on its suitability.