PDA

View Full Version : ATC Simulator

ASD
4th Apr 2004, 17:12
Does anyone know of any good ATC simulators out there that contains any South African sectors?

I have a few good ATC sims, including ATCC from Xavius.com (which will be releasing what looks to be a great looking sim in July 2004) but obviously none of these have South African sectors - only american/european.

Thanks

YVRKid
5th Apr 2004, 04:20
I don't know what exactly you're looking for, but theres a great ATC simulator for Flight Simulator. Its online, with real people, conversing, in real time. Its called VATSIM (http://www.vatsim.net) . I am a controller on there, and work in Canada..i do control in SA sometimes, but theres no traffic there...so spread the word! its boring looking at a blank radar screen all day.

Stassiebal
5th Apr 2004, 22:33
If you want a tiny bit more virtual traffic to control around South Africa check out www.ivao.org/za

Basically the same thing as Vatsim, but the South African part of things is just a lot more busy! Hosting a competition on the 17th of April and we already have 20 pilots signed up and we are expecting quite a few more. There's always traffic... even though not always great amoounts. Saturday nights can get busy though!

Have a look and see what you think!
Dean

YVRKid
5th Apr 2004, 23:02
i do both...IVAO for the SA traffic...its great...;)

ASD
6th Apr 2004, 17:20
Thanks for the replies guys...

I am looking more for a stand alone sim that can be played on the pc offline, even though these other options you mentioned does look interesting. (I do have one, but was really keen to find out if there is anything out there that contained sectors pertaining to South Africa)

Also keen to find a new Tower simulator to work Tower/Ground movements, have a really old one which I downloaded recently which was developed back in the day - does the job, but would love to get hold of a new one with todays technology!

Thanks again

Jelly Doughnut
6th Apr 2004, 18:02
Forget it pal... not even Bill Gates could invent a program that is as erratic and original as "ATC" in Africa!! ;)

Oh sorry, I see you asked about South Africa.. now that's a different story :ok:

YVRKid
6th Apr 2004, 21:17
there are sector files for South Africa. Theyre on www.avsim.com www.savas.co.za and www.ivao.org/za ...also, somewhere on IVAO, they have a generator that MAKES secotr files on the spot in only a coupl seconds...i have sector files for Kenya, Namibia and Harare, even though theres no where else on the web to find such files:cool:

PS whats better about these netowrks compared to the stand alone ones is, its live, and ur communicating with real ppl in real time, and anything, except hijackings, can happen...

PM me for SA sector files and more info