PDA

View Full Version : Should i bother....?

A340_rulez
4th Apr 2004, 16:16
Hi people.

Yes anther question on eyesight but this could be make it or break it for me in a way.
It says on the CAA website thaty for a proffessional pilot licence eye correction must not exceed +/- 5.00 dioprets but my recent eyetest revealed that my correction is 5.75 in one eye and 6.00 in the other and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it is over.

So should i call the CAA and ask whether or not i will ever have a chance of becoming an airline pilot???

Any thought will be much appreciated

;)

Flyin'Dutch'
4th Apr 2004, 16:27
A3,

My initial was: 'why did A320 not do a quick search?'

The next one was why did he not contact the CAA medical department as suggested on their website?

JAR Class 1 applicants who fail to meet the initial visual examination standards, but who reach the renewal/revalidation standards, should contact the UK CAA Medical Division to discuss their options.
However I felt generous so thought that I would write once more what I have written many times before:

Those who can not meet the initial requirements but fall within the renewal criteria should call the CAA and present their case. For these people certification may be possible especially if they already hold a licence. These cases get judged upon their individual merrit so no generalisations can be made.

So go on and give them a ring. If you already hold a licence be it a PPL or a foreign PPL/CPL/ATPL you may well find that this is not a big issue.

FD

A340_rulez
4th Apr 2004, 16:34
Thanks.

I actually read that statement on the CA website but i didn't understand that, it means what you told me.

Thanks a lot mate! ;)