PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Munro

tony draper
3rd Apr 2004, 19:58
Watching a doc about Norma Jean here,ones preference has always been for dark haired ladies, with the exception of Dolly Parton of course, oh yes, and Faye Dunnaway for some reason Drapes alus thunk she was very sexy.
Marilyn definately had something unique, shines through even on old black and white film.

four_two
3rd Apr 2004, 20:13
Blondes have never done it for me (no innuendo intended ) I go for the dark haired ones too. Just for
you (http://www.marilyn-monroe.org.uk/) though.

Ozzy
3rd Apr 2004, 20:23
Ah Norma Jean, she had a hard and short life. She was one of a kind. RIP my candle in the wind.

Ozzy

mattpilot
3rd Apr 2004, 21:31
i dunno - blonds are everything for me. Brown (light colors) are the next big thing. Black hair can be sexy but usually doesn't do it for me. Red Haired women just flat out turn me off. Most guys would probably disagree with me on the last one :)

tinpis
3rd Apr 2004, 22:43
Er...Norma Jean was an aeroplane blonde wernt she? dyed hair but still had a black box?

Davaar
3rd Apr 2004, 22:49
When the news of her death came out, I read an article that said the universal male response was: "If she had only told me, maybe I could have helped".

Please, I ask that no one make the obvious and not funny rejoinder.

tony draper
3rd Apr 2004, 23:43
As per usual the doc ended with the usual maudling "tragety a troubled life a tormented soul ect ect" I understand this on a emotinal level but interlectually its a crock,a troubled life is some poor bint living on a run down council estate with four kids, no husband,no hope and no money, not someone with more money than any reasonable human being could spend in a lifetime the adoration of millions of lesser souls and the ability to do anything go anywhere they like at a whim.
Oh course it is tragic when a person dies prematurely, but I don't buy the poor little rich person bit a la, Marilyn or Princess Di for that matter.
Still, she was a very sexy lady.

ohyouareaone
4th Apr 2004, 01:36
tinpis
the black box is a reddy orangey affair. Must be a moral here somewhere.

Anthony Carn
4th Apr 2004, 07:01
the black box is a reddy orangey affair.
Nothing worse than black boxes which are reddy orangey affairs......except blond boxes which are reddy orangey affairs.

You've just got to go at it less vigorously and avoid a certain time of the month. ;)

Munro had a sparkle to her character. Her acting, significantly her comedy acting, was pretty good. Very cute face !

The fifties/sixties blond, all lipstick, t!ts and bleached hair, is a bit too old fashioned for me. Diana Dors was a much cruder, coarser example and that shifted her into the slightly offputting category.

ratsarrse
4th Apr 2004, 11:26
I don't think Marilyn wa actually that good an actress. Maybe given more time and the right parts she could have proved me wrong. She definitely had a great on-screen persona - that star quality that's hard to put your finger on.

So, Tony, you don't buy into that poor little rich kid stuff? I have to disagree - all the fame and fortune in the worls doesn't make you happy (although I'm sure it helps just a little bit). Acting attracts a lot of those demanding, needy people desperate for validation from their peers. It seems that the majority of our greatest actors, comedians and musicians turn out to be deeply flawed characters.

tony draper
4th Apr 2004, 11:46
Yeh, but at least they can be miserable in comfort. :rolleyes: