PDA

View Full Version : Missing files

Tone
3rd Apr 2004, 14:13
Having just loaded the software for a new modem I get a series of error messages on start up. vnetsup.vxd, vredir.vxd and dfs.vxd are shown as ' file no loger exists' following these another error message 'unable to load msnp.dll' Apart from the messages the system seems to run OK.Does anyone have a fix for this probem please? OS is Windows98SE.:confused:

TR4A
3rd Apr 2004, 16:21
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302590

SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to install device drivers or utilities on your computer, you may receive the following error message:

VNETSUP.VXD, VREDIR.VXD, DFS.VXD... MSNP32.DLL - Unable to load the dynamic link library: MSNP32.DLL the System cannot find the specified file. Some, or all, of the following feature is not available: Microsoft Network.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if your networking components are configured incorrectly.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, remove and then reinstall Client for Microsoft Networks. To do this, follow these steps:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
In Control Panel, double-click Network.
In the Network dialog box, select Client for Microsoft Networks, and then click Remove.
In the Network dialog box, click OK, and then click Yes to restart your computer.
Repeat steps 1 and 2.
In the Network dialog box, click Add.
In the Select Network Component Type dialog box, click Client, and then click Add.
In the Select Network Client dialog box, click Microsoft under Manufacturers.
Under Network Clients, select Client for Microsoft Networks, and then click OK.
In the Network dialog box, click OK.
Click Yes to restart your computer.

NOTE: You may be asked to insert your network CD-ROM. If you do not have a network CD-ROM, contact your network administrator for your specific network settings.

Tone
3rd Apr 2004, 17:55
TR4A, Thanks I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
3rd Apr 2004, 20:07
Tone,

Win9x is infamous for corrupting the Network Protocols. I think TR4A is on the right track. ;)

Take Care,

Richard

Tone
4th Apr 2004, 09:43
Thanks TR4A, it worked. All OK now, no error messages.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
4th Apr 2004, 17:00
Tone,

That is great news! :ok:

Take Care,

Richard