PDA

View Full Version : Insurance reqts for Captains

trags
3rd Apr 2004, 09:05
Hi there
What would the average insurance requirements be for Captains (and FO's) with Companies operating say Challenger, Falcon 2000/900, Global Express type aircraft?
I know the spread can be quite varied but am interested as to what the responses may be - depending on your location and the nature of the operation.
I am also aware of Requirements fluctuating within a Company due to Industry supply/demand; in this instance I am interested solely on Insurance minimums - not Company requirements.

Fire away!
Cheers
trags.
:eek:

bluesafrica
3rd Apr 2004, 11:36
Accepted minimums are somewhere 2000 hrs for PIC and valid CPL for SIC.
With higher experience levels premiums seems to come down.
Blues

trags
5th Apr 2004, 06:35
Thanks Blues
That dosent seem like too much TT! I would have thought insurance companies may have required quite a bit more including some pic jet time given these type of aircraft are not exactly small in the Corporate world.
Would you (or anyone else) imagine 4000TT (3300 Command) and approx 700 jet on smaller, Cit Excel and Hawker 700 would be sufficient for most insurance companies?
It seems a fairly obvious answer given your last post blues but any opinions would be welcomed....
thanks all!:ooh:

bluesafrica
5th Apr 2004, 08:51
There will be no problem for insurace company to accept your experience level. As I said earlier, premiums may be a tad lower with higher experience level. 3000-4000 tt is very acceptable level on bizjets and I donīt see any problems there.
Blues:ok: