PDA

View Full Version : aaaaaol !!

Loose rivets
2nd Apr 2004, 05:02
Hi,

could anyone help?

My long standing aol.co.uk in the uk has been put on light usage plan while i'm in the US

any attempt to access it on my old Sony 2.66 laptop via mailaka.net or a trial version of aol.com results in a blue screen saying my session has expired and then a white screen saying sorry.....etc.
I notice the end of the line flashes by saying =NONE

Every time I go back to the screen and type in my password again, it goes.

Another oddity, if I just type in [email protected] I get the mail screen with check-boxes, and nothing I can do will allow me to delete or open attachments. But if I type in a line that I found by accident, I get the old screen which I prefer, especially as it works.

Any attemt to look at old mail shuts down the secondary (UK ) site immediately, leaving me in aol.com

I only have 96? Mb of ram and also some of my problems seemed to start when I connected a hub that finally caused me to scrub the hard drive and reload 98-2 . I wonder if the Explorer is in some way interfering with the aol front end, though it seems to be quiescent to coin a phrase.

Neither the folks at mailaka (very helpful bunch ) or a nice lassie in New Deli have been able to help. Any ideas?

BOAC
2nd Apr 2004, 14:46
While we are on the subject of aaaaaaaaaaooooooooool, I have started getting disconnects on broadband with 'init package not acknowledged'.

The 'help-line' lady has bee told to tell everyone that it is noise building up on the phone line because the line (extension) is not 'up to the job'. Now, this has only started in the last week or so. Is anyone else getting it and is that an AOL put-off answer?

Before anyone says it - yes, I know I should 'can' AOL.....................:D

Timothy
2nd Apr 2004, 14:53
Before anyone says it - yes, I know I should 'can' AOL ...and now you are finding out why :O :O :O

Timothy

BOAC
2nd Apr 2004, 20:06
Thanks, MJ - is this business of a crook phone line (suddenly, after 5 months of near-perfect performance) likely or is it an AOL 'weasel' attempt to get out of something?

This could be the lever I need to terminate my contract before the 12 months (and keep Timothy happy:D )

I am awaiting the AOL 9 CD any day now, so I will see how that goes.

BOAC
3rd Apr 2004, 06:19
The 'extension' bit is AOL's term, Mike - it means, in my case, the telephone connection is from an extension socket (ie not the main) BT socket - as, I suspect, are most peoples'? :confused:

I suspect it is a box of porkies.:D

BOAC
3rd Apr 2004, 09:27
Duh!! Silly me! Now I think I understand.
No - it'll be the way I expressed it :O

Mrs BOAC hasn't added on anything

You sent me rushing to the credit card folder, but PHEW! - all is ok! :D

Yes, I suspect the 'story' is as you say. I will check with BT as the nice AOL lady said she could hear lots of clicking on the voice line (which I could not) which meant 'it was having trouble reconnecting'. This may be the way out of the contract:D

PS Gave up waiting for CD and am now running 9