PDA

View Full Version : instructors ratings

pyote
2nd Apr 2004, 03:00
Hey all...

I have recently finished my training in New Zealand, i.e. CPL, MEIR with about 300 hours I know its pretty low time but I’m willing to just about anything to get in the sky. Having flown is South Africa a number of years ago I was wondering if any of the training organisations have any schemes with instructors ratings where one pays for the rating and then is employed by the company after the rating is finished.??? I have tried to contact a number of companies in and around the Gauteng area but with little success of even a reply. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
Pyote
:ok:

Cardinal Puff
2nd Apr 2004, 03:09
I know of one school at Wonderboom in Pretoria who do that kind of thing but they require that you do your whole PPL/CPL/MEIF/Instructor course with them. No harm in giving it a try of course. You can contact Udo on +27-12-543-3050 for details as he runs the school but it may be a problem that you trained elsewhere.

Your main problem may be work permits due to the number of locals who are also doing that kind of thing. If you can offer something like instructing in a foreign language (Strine and Kiwi don't count) you should be OK.

Good Luck......

pyote
2nd Apr 2004, 03:12
I did my flying... well a PPL at wonderboom with blue chip aviation, which company is the one that you told me about?
I suppose I wount have to much problem with a work permit since I am a saffa, just came here to do my training it was the only way i cold get the money for it... thanx once again
:ok:

Cardinal Puff
6th Apr 2004, 08:56
That would be the one, mate. You should do OK with them if you were trained there. Good luck...