PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch at Man.......worth it or not?

RowleyUK
1st Apr 2004, 21:31
Hi one is straying form ones usual abode of wannabees!!

Ive seen on the Man website they are looking for several dispatchers......Im considering applying altought i dont have previous dispatch experience.......i do ,however, have a CPL.....this would mean,presumably, I should be able to understand the W&B and loading side of things....

My main question is..

Whats it like working at Man and is it worth me applying?

Ive always fancied this line of work but have never had the opportunity!

Cheers

Rowley;)

BEST L/CONTROLLER
2nd Apr 2004, 16:27
Servisair will give you the training you need for the job, in a fashion, but I can tell you if you ever get to dispatch an aircraft you'll think it is the best job you've had, I miss the dispatch side of things, that's why I've gone for and been offered a Job as Ground Dispatcher in Dubai for DNATA/Emirates.

If you get to do it you'll love it,

Can't speak for MAN I'm from LBA but very similar operation.

Good luck with what ever you do.

CHEERS!!!:ok:

jimbols6
4th Apr 2004, 13:56
i think MAN will be a lot better than LBA dnt you!!!???:p

BEST L/CONTROLLER
5th Apr 2004, 15:40
It does depened on what you mean "BETTER" better what, bigger a/c, ok yes they have bigger a/c but if you love dispatch all a/c are the same to dispatch just different methods of doing so and different company policies,

LBA is a good little station but I think if people like you want to move from one station to another due to "MANAGEMENT" then your cutting your nose off to spite your face, coz all Servisair management are more or less the same, I know I've worked at other stations such as LPL,EMA,STN,GLA,NCL, myself and others were brought into these stations to help out when they were short staffed, you'll find management the same everywhere Jimbo, other stations arn't gonna let you get away with murder like LBA does so think about it.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!:ok:

P.s there's ****** all wrong with LBA!!! only the wind and the fog, nothing major.

jimbols6
6th Apr 2004, 09:04
so why r you leaving then!!!!:p

BEST L/CONTROLLER
6th Apr 2004, 11:15
The reason I'm leaving my little short friend is, I've had a better job offer with another company in another country, that's why, not moving 40 mile down the motorway from 1 **** hole to another,,,,

THAT'S WHY>>>>

CHEERS!!!!!!:ok:

monkeyboy
6th Apr 2004, 19:39
RowleyUK, I've just started as a dispatcher at MAN because there aren't any flying jobs out there at the moment and I'm loving it.

I doubt very much whether you'll get to do and M&B in your day-to-day job as they tend to leave that to the guys who have been there a while, even though you and I would be perfectly capable of doing it.

Just think of it as a way of staying close to the aircraft in these hard times but also enjoy it while you're doing it!

They do say dispatching is the easiest job if it all goes smoothly, it's a bitch if things start going wrong! Actually, that sounds just like life on the flight deck!

PM me if you want any more info.

MB

RowleyUK
6th Apr 2004, 20:02
MB, check your PM's!;)

chris
12th Apr 2004, 18:49
mb, check you pms again please.

RowleyUK
16th Apr 2004, 09:52
Rowleys just got a job at Man as a dispatcher!!!!

Hope it will be good!!!

Hoping to make a good few contacts!!;)

jimbols6
16th Apr 2004, 23:29
monkeyboy and Rowley who r you both working for are there any other dispatch jobs avalible?