PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Grafix Peculiarity...?

Wing Commander Fowler
1st Apr 2004, 12:24
Hello again chaps - only me!

My oppo has a GeForce Nvidia Grafix card and whenever he plays a game it throws up a rather annoying semi translucent logo in the bottom corner of the screen which he finds most inconvenient. He's been through all of the settings in an attempt to disable it but got nowhere....

Richard - with your experience with nVidia in particular would you maybe have some ideas how to eliminate it at all?

Help as ever greatly appreciated.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st Apr 2004, 18:49
Wing Commander Fowler,

My guess you have very old drivers. There used to be an option to put the nVidia Logo whenever in 3-D

In Display Properties >> Settings >>Advanced >>GeForce

In there you will find under either (I cannot remember which) Direct 3-D or OpenGL the option to display the logo. Just remove the checkmark.

Also I would recommend installing the latest nVidia ForceWare Drivers (http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp)

Take Care,

Richard

Wing Commander Fowler
1st Apr 2004, 21:34
Thanx for that Richard but it's a very new card - the system is 3Ghz and fairly top end spec and he's already downloaded the latest drivers......

Also strangely enough the checkbox you refer to isn't there either? Guess he'll have to just "get on and deal with it!" hehe!

Naples Air Center, Inc.
2nd Apr 2004, 01:16
Wing Commander Fowler,

At one time or another there were older drivers in there then. Check something. Go:

In Display Properties >> Settings >> Advanced >> GeForce

Check the Version numbers off all the Drivers listed. See if there is one in there that is an older number. Also which company made the Video Card?

The latest ForceWare Drives came out today, so he might not be on the latest Drivers. It would be worth downloading the latest ones, uninstalling the current Drivers with:

Detonator Destroyer (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=202)

Then installing the new ones you just downloaded.

Take Care,

Richard