PDA

View Full Version : France and Germany consider dumping Euro and joining the

whiz
1st Apr 2004, 11:48
Just heard on the radio the French and perhaps the Germans are considering ditching the euro and joining the !!! .. I know what my response would be, but then again Im not a currency expert. Whats the general view in PPRuNe land. Cant wait to hear Mr Drapers reply :rolleyes:

under_exposed
1st Apr 2004, 11:51
Its gone midday

Taildragger55
1st Apr 2004, 11:51
Great idea, but only if they get rid of this decimal rubbish and go back to old fashioned shillings and pence.

skydriller
1st Apr 2004, 12:56
Whiz, Yo must have read my mind...

I got my (French) other half with this exact same joke this morning:}

Should have seen her get wound up.....

SD..

answer=42
1st Apr 2004, 13:00
As a number of economic studies have pointed out, the UK clearly meets the government's convergence criteria much more closely than does Germany. So the UK should be in the Euro-zone and Germany should not be.

Capt.KAOS
1st Apr 2004, 13:05
April Fool's Day?

Grandpa
1st Apr 2004, 14:09
But it's not enough.

To enter Brit Common market in a decent way, we have now to drive left of our roads.

This change isn't going to be easy. We have to train.

It have been decided that all cars have to go left on sundays, except bus, vans, lorries...which will practice going left on saturday.

After a few weeks of training it's expected that trafic jams will be less enormous than previously forecast..................

Stockpicker
1st Apr 2004, 14:12
You know, answer=42 , you're absolutely right.... and a great many of the Euro's problems stem from the fact that it's got the wrong members!

answer=42
1st Apr 2004, 14:38
Stockpicker
I wasn't joking (well, only a little). I tried to find the reference to the study but couldn't. I did find some very interesting (but difficult) studies on the Euro on this site (http://www.niesr.ac.uk).

Similarly, the EU would be a much more cohesive group in terms of international trade if France wasn't in.