PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyle Concern for interviews

NelsonLee
1st Apr 2004, 07:00
Hi all,

Will a little highlight for my hair ruin the first impression for my cadet interview? Or should I dye it back to my natural hair color?

Thanks
Nel =)

1st Apr 2004, 07:48
When did pilots start dying their hair?

:}

Guru
1st Apr 2004, 08:53
I suggest you be more thorough in your preparation than you think is reasonable, more cautious than you think is necessary.

NelsonLee
1st Apr 2004, 18:44
Thanks for the advice,

I am mentally prepared for it, but I just don't want something I think that is not important (my hair) that will gain any bias opinion towards my attitude of being a pilot. Please tell me what you guys think.

Thanks,
Nel =)

dragon501
2nd Apr 2004, 05:21
You are wrong, it IS important cos it's all about the first impression!! Normal hair would be my advice!!

flyingkiwi
2nd Apr 2004, 07:43
absolutly go back to normal hair colour. The job is a conservative "proffesional" one and you must be attired to match, ie suit and tie, normal hair colour in a professional cut and dark socks and profesional tie.

I may be stating the obvious but I have heard some horror stories of guys missing out on Air NZ jobs purely because of what they wore.

First impressions!!!

Felix Lighter
3rd Apr 2004, 05:03
1. Human beings make 45 judgements/opinions/impressions of a new person BEFORE you utter one word...........

2. IF you were to be unsuccessful, would you forever wonder 'was it my hair colour?'

3. I agree wholeheartedly with the above responses....dont take the risk, dye it to a natutal colour - in the same regard, keep you clothes conserative/unoffensive........ do not try to be trendy, you have no idea what the interviewer considers good taste, so, dont take the risk.

Top tips:

Dark (or grey) suit - makes you look fit, slim & healthy
White shirt, make sure the collar is comfortable - no too tight or loose; cufflinks look sharper/more professional too!
Tie - keep it simple (youre lucky that stripes are in again)
Socks that match your suit (not your shoes!). So if you cross you legs you dont look messy. No cartoon socks please!
Belt that matches your shoes.
Polished shoes.
Get your hair cut 3-4days beforehand to give a groomed appearence.
Stop biting your fingernails and make sure your hands/nails are clean!

Lastly - make sure you are comfortable. Try your clothes on a week before hand..... If youre not a suit person, you need to get comfortable with the feel/look.
Dont over do it........ youre not a pop star or royalty!

Whilst dressing averagely will do you no harm at all....... dressing well (or poorly) WILL make an impression!

Good luck

NelsonLee
3rd Apr 2004, 05:09
Thanks for the advice everyone!

Cheers =)

thegypsy
3rd Apr 2004, 11:12
I also suggest taking off your earrings would be good advice in addition to having the tattoos removed!!:sad: