PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet "Airline" Programme This Week

spork
31st Mar 2004, 22:37
I mentioned in the "BA - Should I complain?" thread that I felt that the "Airline" programme did Easyjet no great favours. I must admit however to getting some entertainment out of the manic moments when passengers clearly in the wrong get cut dead with quotes from the Ts & Cs.

However, in this week's episode, I felt that the "two Daves" deserved better treatment than they got from the two young men behind the counter. The way it was portrayed in the programme it looked as though a genuine mistake had been made, and an opportunity for good public relations was completely missed by the desk staff. (One of the Daves had two seats booked in his name, the other had no seat.) The rights and wrongs of "who had made the mistake" was not that important I thought. They'd paid for two seats, turned up on time, and to have the point debated ad nauseam (with the desk staff demanding they pay for another ticket) until the plane had left the gate, must have put them off Easyjet forever.

Overall I felt that the two desk staff came across as arrogant and disinterested on this occasion. The one guy staring at the customer with a steely look, not answering any of his valid questions, made me fume I’m afraid.

IB4138
4th Apr 2004, 17:30
This was a repeat.

Mr Chips
8th Apr 2004, 14:20
They keep on getting repeated!

Am i right in thinking that this is the one where one of the passengers threw his credit card at the Easyjet staff, displaying an "arrogant" attitude?

It always seems to me on Airline that so many passengers expect that Easyjet will waive costs for them, as if they are running a charity, not a business. I have to feel very sorry for the staff shown, they have to ut up with so much $hit from people....

Chips

Bealzebub
8th Apr 2004, 18:17
Is that the T.V series where every episode is the same theme as every other..
Irate passenger is humiliated by petulant teenager in orange boiler suit ? :zzz:

Tudor
8th Apr 2004, 20:52
No, it's the TV series where the majority of the passengers shown are late for check-in or have booked the wrong flight and expect EZY to bend over backwards to accomodate them as well as contend with abuse from 'petulant' passengers.

What a shame the viewers don't get to see the 99.9 % of passengers who turn up on time on the correct day and leave the aircraft with a smile on their face but then I guess that wouldn't make entertaining TV.

Having said that I think the series has well and truly run it's course and would imagine EZY have a big enough public profile now without the need for the adverse publicity this program generates.

MerchantVenturer
8th Apr 2004, 21:25
I think this series, like the one on BBC about Heathrow, became very repetetive and predictable and, for my taste, neither series concentrated enough on the operations side of the aircraft.

I particularly disliked the contrived and pre-arranged bits where, for example, a passenger was followed out to somewhere like Palma to take part in an Elvis lookalike competition or something. Very interesting in its own right maybe, but in a programme about airlines/airports I think it was out of place, and there were many diversions such as this.

My local ITV channel recently showed a series about Bristol Airport and this concentrated far more on the operational running of the frontline airport services and airlines. There was the odd bit about the airport fire service and a BA service agent learning to fly for her PPL, but mainly it was about airliners and their operation and the day to day running of the airfield.

For example we sat in on a flight crew briefing and followed the flight to its destination. We were shown the problems when a Britannia B 757 went tech and a part had to be rushed from CWL but the delivering technician was not allowed airside with it by the airport security because he did not have the right sort of pass, so the captain had to intervene to get matters sorted.

Just a couple of examples but, to me, this local series gave far more of a feel of an airport, albeit a smaller regional one.

To act the devil's advocate, I suppose the tv companies have to cater for a general audience as well as air buffs and would argue that the fringe bits are necessary to maintain the interest of non aviation fans.