PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee Vs Van Dam

Life of TrollyDollyLover
19th Nov 2001, 18:23
We are currently engaged in the office as too who is more nails and who would come out on top after a fight outside of the Rat and Parrot in Fulham.

My money is on Bruce Lee.

My mum says that the Muscles from Brussels is a ponce.

tony draper
19th Nov 2001, 18:36
A ponce he indeed is ,but at least he's still breathing. ;)

Life of TrollyDollyLover
19th Nov 2001, 19:21
Oh you would have to split hairs. However he was so nails that he wouldn't need air.

tony draper
19th Nov 2001, 21:58
Its funny theres a thread on exact same subject on another forum I've just been on.
I recon the only one who does the business in a half way realistic manner is Steven Segal in my humble op.
And I can tell you from personel experience that a not particularly good bigun will always beat a even brilliant littleun, its one of the laws of the univers, never mind what Hollywood would have you believe.
So, if you see a little guy and a big guy squaring up, don't care if the little guy is encrusted with muscle or what colour belt he holds his kecks up with, bet on the big guy. ;)

Velvet
20th Nov 2001, 00:51
Unless dear Tony the little man had a gun :D

I have seen a young, fairly small girl bring down a chap some 6'3 and 15 stone - and yes, she did have one of them black belt thingies.

tony draper
20th Nov 2001, 01:17
Indeed Miss V, Smithadwessendo is the swiftest and easiest marshal art to learn.
Not anti marshall art Miss Velvet,Draper done Koyukashinca Karate for many years.
One grows cynical after a while and Marshal arts tend to make people overconfident, great for keeping fit and thupple, I would recomend it to anyone, but as I always advise if, its possible run away.
There are people out there that don't follow Dojo rules. ;)

le loup garou
20th Nov 2001, 02:37
Draper my fine fellow, forgive me sir but I have to disagree. If I see two gents fronting up I would tend to bet on the small one for it is he who has the bigger [email protected]

Personally when I am feeling the hunger of the night I always tend to look for the larger human form. Far more tasty!

Regards le loup garou

tony draper
20th Nov 2001, 02:59
Draper is a careful chap and always has one chamber rigged with a siver wad cutter Mr G, especialy on on the night of the full moon.
Na na na na naaa.
I aint afraid of no wulfs. ;)

baranfin
20th Nov 2001, 04:06
Im not sure on the excact former size of Mr. Lee but I know that Mr. Dam is only about 5'5" or so, not excactly a large man, and Lee was also very muscular with MUCH more skill than Van Dam. Add that to the fact that Van Dam got beat up by a large biker man in a club in N.Y. and the equation points to Lee as the winner.

tony draper
20th Nov 2001, 04:15
I was thinking more in terms of Steven Segal,he is a big guy, and he is genuinly good at what he does,it ain't all acting.
As a aside I hear the man is a complete asshole, but then, if you read any of the Lee biographies, so was he. ;)

[ 20 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

HugMonster
20th Nov 2001, 04:53
Van Damme? Pah! What a wuss! Blew any credibility he had as a tough guy by appearing on "Friends". Mind you, Bruce Willis was on that as well - no - as you were - point proved! Along with Tom Selleck - Magnum? Isn't that an ice cream? Goes all soft and drippy when the heat's on? He was even playing the soft guy in "Three Men and a Baby"... I'm still waiting for Stallone to do a cameo appearance on "Friends" - you know, maybe about ten seconds - but he'll probably still be learning his line... :D

Mert
21st Nov 2001, 10:36
In regards to Segal...."he is genuinly good at what he does,it ain't all acting." isn't he the one that beat the stuffing out of his wife not too long ago, or was that VanD? If it was him I don't suppose being good at that is anything to be proud of.
As far as the big person/little person discussion, I've known a few tough as nails little guys who can get their shots in while taking what the bigger guys can dish out until the bigger one wears themself out then go in for the kill, so to speak.

:)

Life of TrollyDollyLover
21st Nov 2001, 12:51
OOOOPS

SORRY

The thread should have been on Segal vs Lee.
Sorry again.
My money is still on the little man.

ps hi Velv. long time no chat...my fault entirely.