PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Kuala Lumpur

Snot Box
31st Mar 2004, 01:32
Hey all,

I will be heading to KL for some RR in the coming weeks. Anyone know which ones to recommend (price in mid-range) near Subang?

donaldstan
31st Mar 2004, 17:29
There are quite a few hotels in Subang.

For upper class ones, we have Sheraton and Holiday Villa. I'm not sure how much they cost but it's recommended.

Then, we have some budget such as the hotel near shopping centres like Subang Parade and Carrefour. Price is around RM100 per night.

HueyHerc
1st Apr 2004, 04:04
The was a Holiday Inn PJ, in Petling Jaya (sp?), that was close to Subang...not too bad.

Better still were hotels around the Petronas Towers in KL. Discovery New World...New World Discovery...something like that. Nice pool, good rates. Right across the street from Hard Rock Cafe and close to several other ex-pat watering holes.

Have not been there since 2000. Hope this helps....

Fly Safe,

HH

ZFT
1st Apr 2004, 04:18
If you stay near the towers I would suggest thinking twice about the Concorde (right next to Hard Rock Cafe) Stayed there week before last and the rooms and some areas of the hotel were very tired.

The hotel seemed to agree as they offered 20% discount because of all the room problems.

Location is very good though

mainwheel
1st Apr 2004, 16:38
Shah's Village.

In the heart of PJ and reasonable rates. Walking distance to anything. Next door you'll get a great feed at Out of Africa. The Kudu bar has live rugby etc.

Cuti cuti lah.

Aileron Roll
1st Apr 2004, 17:01
For a good room going cheap try the China Inn in China Town, good place also to get some DVD's and a new Rolex !

kwaiyai
5th Apr 2004, 11:43
Agreed Aileron Roll plus I believe Wilson also used to go there before that sars got him.
Theres also a good few around PJ near Taman Jaya LRT.
Regards.

Aileron Roll
5th Apr 2004, 12:45
Yes indeed Wilson was known for hanging out in this part of town, as Chief Test pilot for Rolex he felt he had to. He was also know for drinking a large amount of Tiger beer in this part of town and would tell endless flying stories for anyone lucky enough to be at his table...

The world is really not the same without him

X15
7th Apr 2004, 18:54
Would that be Air Vice Marshall Wilson, during my time at MFA he was quite a legend.:O :p

Aileron Roll
8th Apr 2004, 07:07
Yes that is indeed the famous Wilson, only afew of us new him well, but now many claim to have meet and flown with him.