View Full Version : ICUS - The Answer (CPL)

Stiff Under Carriage
31st Mar 2004, 01:17
There has been many debates on whether a CPL pilot can log ICUS, well I have found the answer you all have been looking for.

http://www.casa.gov.au/avreg/fcl_lic/flight_time.htm

Hopefully this will put an end to the confusion.

SUC:ok:

Bevan666
31st Mar 2004, 01:25
As has been pointed out before, that page is just 'general guidance' and has no basis in the regulations.

It's CASA's interpretation of the regulations and has no legal standing.

Bevan..

Stiff Under Carriage
31st Mar 2004, 01:57
Here we go,

I understand that, though the arguments are that CASA would not accept logging of ICUS by a pilot who holds a CPL. If thats the case then CASA's General Guidance of logging of flight time is leading pilots to fraud.

Therefore, I believe these guidelines do have legal grounding.

Curved Approach
2nd Apr 2004, 02:55
why ... why is this debate being opened ...again. :{

to exercise the privilege of your CPL you must be operating under an AOC (and with this you must have an Ops Manual along with some others all approved by CASA). So read what your companies manual says about CPL holders logging ICUS......:ok:

Ang737
2nd Apr 2004, 03:01
Curved Approach couldn't agree more... I contacted CASA on this very issue a while back and they said in plain English that it depends on the operator and agreement they have with CASA regarding ICUS.

Woomera this debate will go on and on unless a stop is put to it. Its as simple as saying what CA has just stated... Case closed.

Ang ;)