PDA

View Full Version : BA / BMI Mission Statements

Rugz
30th Mar 2004, 20:56
I am finally getting around to working on one very long overdue college assignment on Organisations, Competition and Environment for which I have to select two companies that operate in the same industry - hence bmi and BA.

However, I need help with some research (and I know that you lot are pretty damn good at finding info). I want to know the 'mission statement' or 'corporate vision' for these two companies as they don't appear to have put it anywhere obvious on their websites.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Oh, and comments along the lines of "what mission statement...." will not help, but will be damn funny nonetheless :E

Windy Militant
30th Mar 2004, 22:08
Not really helpful but should keep you amused until somthing sensible comes along

Dilberts Mission statement generator (http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/games/career/bin/ms.cgi)

It was posted in the Wa:mad: nk word bingo thread a while ago. :ok:

answer=42
31st Mar 2004, 08:21
Rugz
Interesting question.

If you look on the Investor Relations section of 'Inside BA', you can find the Annual Report. This is normally where you would find a mission statement.

On page 14 of the report, you will find a statement of 'principal
activities', as follows:
'The main activities of British Airways Plc and its subsidiary
undertakings are the operation of international and domestic
scheduled and charter air services for the carriage of passengers,
freight and mail and the provision of ancillary services.'

Following this statement, there are statements on Employee Involvement, Equal Opportunity, Disability, Corporate Responsibility - Community and Environment, Political donations, Corporate Governance and Internal Controls.

Perhaps there should be a statement on customer service.

In other words, there does not appear to be a mission statement as such. Instead there are explanations of corporate internal and external policy.

Is this a better way to explain the company to the world than a mission statement? Discuss.

Maxflyer
31st Mar 2004, 08:44
I heard the BA Mission Statement and the tape self destructed after five seconds.

Sicerely yours

Ethan Hunt

Anthony Carn
31st Mar 2004, 16:04
A bmi mission statement ???????????

:mad: :ugh: :{

This is well placed on Jet Blast ! It might receive the ridicule it deserves ! :rolleyes:

ratsarrse
31st Mar 2004, 18:39
"Our mission is to make lots of money for the shareholders and the directors and **** everyone else."

Anything else is just bollocks.

Anthony Carn
31st Mar 2004, 19:12
:D :ok:

answer=42
31st Mar 2004, 19:52
Perhaps it could be said that the companies with the best constructed mission statements are by definition the least likely to carry them out.

shaky
31st Mar 2004, 20:14
Before it was displaced by the "ethnic" art, the BA mission statement was written on the tail of all their aircraft. "To Fly. To Serve"