PDA

View Full Version : Newlines or Blue Fox?

Doodles
24th Apr 2001, 11:33
I see that Newlines is going to announce its new name soon and hopes to start up under Air 2000's AOC with an 80 "J" class seat 757 on STN-JFK.

There cannot be room for two such operations so who will start, then who will survive??

thegypsy
24th Apr 2001, 11:45
I very much doubt whether either will survive as Stansted is not a good starting place. The start up costs and load factors required to make it pay will be hard to achieve especially with a looming slow down in the economy causing business class to suffer.
A B757 {newlines} is not a suitable aircraft for business class type seating.
Any tech problems early on will not help as other aircraft would not be available.
Why do people with brains and money even consider this type of investment???

Doodles
24th Apr 2001, 12:03
All very true. Seems so many have tried but always lost money. A fair amount must have already been invested in these 2 particular ventures so someone is confident - just hope it doesn't all end in tears - again.

Avman
24th Apr 2001, 12:59
This topic has been covered in other Blue Fox threads. There's a chap by the name of The Fixer who springs to Blue Fox's defence whenever anyone dares to suggest that they haven't a hope in hell. And, purely on his style of prose, I'm intrigued by his uncanny similarity to our infamous "The Guvnor". I'm NOT making any allegations here only simply sharing a personal thought.

THE FIXER
29th Apr 2001, 15:43
No I am not the Guvnor.

But admit to have been offered a job with Blue Fox when it starts. ;>

The Fixer

thegypsy
29th Apr 2001, 20:17
The Fixer. You describe yourself as airline consultant yet flight deck qualified. Are you not flying at present?? Semi-retired??
Are you involved in any way with BF, hence your rapid defence of us doubters??
I hope this does work. I guess there is always a first.

Max Flyup
29th Apr 2001, 20:22
The Fixer - ex Air Europe Italy by any chance ?