PDA

View Full Version : Sita

SHUTDOWN26
30th Mar 2004, 13:05
Someone told me there were Ops Helpdesk vacancies advertised at SITA on the interview,jobs page yesterday. Just looked.....Have they gone already? the post is no longer there. Anybody got a good contact to try? Anyone worked there before??:confused:

Whooaahh
1st Apr 2004, 00:36
If you have 2x10 foot barge poles, tie them togther use them to steer well clear.

The guys in Flight Ops are doing a great job but with both arms tied behind their backs by management who have little to no understanding of what aviation is all about.

Trust me on this one an look elsewhere for a career in aviation.

Whooaahh

seamus11
4th Apr 2004, 21:25
Thats an interesting view point, how come your so clued up
on SITA FLTOPS?

Whooaahh
5th Apr 2004, 23:00
Seamus11...interesting to note that this is your first post and you didn't even register until after my previous message. You're not one of the SITA management I was critical of are you? Even if you are, I am now on the outside so matters not to me either way.

To answer your question, after 5 years on the inside I am certainly entitled to my opinion. I am one of the many redundancy statistics coming out of SITA in the past 12 months although I actually volunteered as opposed to the numerous other unfortunates who had little choice. Some guy and girls had significantly more years under their belts than I did with mortgages and families to support.

I have absolutely nothing against the guys in the trenches as stated before, but the Generals back in the safety of HQ don't seem to have much interest in aviation or indeed any knowledge of it other than selling services into it. Mark my words...big changes are gonna happen at SITA within the next 12 months

Staff and budgets have all been stripped to the bone in 2003. With no fat left it's very much put up or shut up time. (or should that be shut down)

Shame really 'cos it used to be fun working for Mama SITA.

Whooaahh.

cressidom
7th Apr 2004, 13:26
woooahh....any leads on who's hiring ? i've an FAA dispatcher licence.

cheers

Whooaahh
8th Apr 2004, 03:18
I've had mine for 14 years and I'm still not working in the aviation industry anymore...maybe its my slight attitude problem thats holding me back ;-))

FAA Licence doesn't mean squat in Europe, I'm afraid. It show's you have the ability to learn and that's about it.

My advice...if you've got a job hang onto it and kiss whatever ass needs kissing to stay were you are. I was sick and tired of kissing ass hence I'm now an ex-slave to the aviation industry and soon to be starting my own business in a completely different sector.

Bitter and twisted...not really, just tired of kissing ass.

Whooaahh

Whooaahh
14th Apr 2004, 13:37
Ahh. Sailer boy, I was wondering when you would make an appearance. Couldn't even face me (or even talk to me on the phone) when I was on my way out so doesn't surprise me that you signed up with a new logon just to insult me once again. You even claim you are based in Geneva when we all know you are not.

Intellectual debate was never one of your strong points was it... You always preferring to wield whatever power you thought you had under the guise of management strategy and shaft those under you...those whose work was making you look good.

I have already admitted to having an attitude problem so maybe you should ask yourself why 6 out of the 7 people who have worked under you over the past 3 years have all left you for warmer climes. Maybe you should also look at your own failings...Lets also see if you actually close anything on your own this year 'cos it's been a while hasn't it?

If you are indeed based in Geneva then you'll know where to find me of a weekend and I bet you haven't got the cohones to say those words to my face.

Get a life...I have.

Whooaahh

The Highlander
14th Apr 2004, 21:21
Well Said mate. I dont suppose your old contacts has any info on 'newnav'. is it still to be called that or will it be old nav or should that be ancient nav by the time they get it to work.

Highlander

Whooaahh
14th Apr 2004, 21:55
Thanks for your support, Highlander.

I'm reliably informed that NewNav is being rolled out as I write this.

NewNav was a project being run by the guys on the coalface and from what I've been told is now doing pretty much everything as per the brochure.

They have put their blood, sweat and tears into it so please wait until you (if you are indeed a GraFlite customer) get cut over and then make up your mind as to its pros and cons.

I'm sure it is a case of the longer you wait the better it will be.

We could probably start another thread on the whole issue, but thats not one I will participate in as my technical information on NewNav would not be what I would consider current.

Whooaahh

LIMA18
14th Apr 2004, 22:41
Whooaahh,

You've got PM.

Brgds.

NWBizJet
17th Apr 2004, 19:04
SHUTDOWN26

As info received working for at the Helpdesk wasn't too bad, the guys are great, very nice people around. Depend on what experience you had and what you want to do. The help desk post is more into the back bone of the operations, supporting weather, notam and flight plan system. Is great fun. also, the sales ladies in GVA are very nice too........ However, the money may be a problem for some.

If I am right, you may be able to send your application to "seamus11".

:ok:

SHUTDOWN26
19th Apr 2004, 11:50
Finally managed to get a contact address for the vacancies on sita helpdesk

[email protected]

Good luck
Shutdown 26

Homer Jay 148
19th Apr 2004, 16:05
I had a interview with them about 6 weeks ago, and was offered the job at the helpdesk within a week after the second interview, Paul Waddington seemed like a straight up guy, and they seemed a friendly bunch, However it just didn't 'feel ' the right move, and i hate to say it, but i Haven't heard many good things since, shame really, But i would say they are worth a look, I was put onto them through this site, so good luck, Paul could do with the staff.

bacardi walla
22nd Apr 2004, 05:38
I went last year for a chat, and also felt at the time "nice people and a good company" but I declined their offer of employment as soon after, it just didn't feel right.

Chooch
21st Jun 2004, 06:10
Shame to see this string did not continue, I was late in hearing about it here in Asia, but not surprised to see some entries being removed. However, the person in question is now RIP anyway, so the old addage 'what goes around' still holds true ! Woahhh you have my email, drop me a line when settled.

:sad:

Mozkid
25th Jun 2004, 09:12
chooch when were you ever early for anything !!:D