View Full Version : LGW 777 rest areas

worldwidelad
30th Mar 2004, 08:59
Can anyone explain the fairness in LGW being lumbered with the no crew rest area for routes such as IAH and DFW, ATL except for the high uncomfort seats, and yet at LHR there are 777's with crew rest area on a EWR and BOS??? hmmmmm.......... Unions fighting for LGW's rights I see!!

Lucifer
30th Mar 2004, 10:22
-ER aircraft being used on shorter routes for flexibility at LHR. Have you considered that generally there are no -ERs at Gatwick for compatability and shorter routes?

Mashie Niblick
31st Mar 2004, 10:40
WWlad,
it's not a question of "fairness"..it's requirement of in-flight rest.
You are only entitled to "bunk rest" on flights that are "planned" Box2 and above.Flights of duration up to and including Box1,you are only entitled to in flight seat rest(I think it's 80 mins on a box1) which is what you have at LGW..as none of the flights operated from Gatters are "planned" box2.

All the ER 777's at LHR have bunks as they have to be rotated and any of them can be used on Box 2,3,4 etc which require the crew to have certain bunk rest time.

Yes,they are often used on non box flights such as you say...but the crew are not "entitled" to use them on such flts.......of course they "will" if they're on board,why wouldn't you?

Don't think you're being cheated.....and it's no fault of the Union,you're simply not entitled to "bunk rest" on flights from LGW. If memory serves me..IAH in the winter is a planned box1 outbound,even that does not have to have bunks.

It's all in the manual somewhere(have to dig mine out) but pretty sure I'm right on that.

worldwidelad
5th Apr 2004, 13:17
Thanks for clearing that up for me! Didn't realise they weren't officially being used. Makes sense now!