View Full Version : BA new LGW long haul routes?!

worldwidelad
30th Mar 2004, 08:05
Has anyone heard anything substantial about new worldwide routes from LGW??

There seems to be a few floating around, Mauritius, Nairobi, Vancouver and Toronto to name a few....

redfred
30th Mar 2004, 08:14
Know somebody in sales who says definately no new routes for WWLGW

worldwidelad
30th Mar 2004, 08:26
cheers for the reply.....

Houston here I come for the zillionth time!!! :ugh:

redfred
30th Mar 2004, 08:35
ME TOO SAVES MONEY ON THE DRY CLEANING BILL ANYWAY.

worldwidelad
30th Mar 2004, 08:53
true enough!!

I guess we seem really ungrateful to Short haul crew, but when all I hear about constantly is "the good old days" of 40 routes, week Barbados yada yada yada.... rubs off dont ya reckon!!

redfred
30th Mar 2004, 12:22
Give me FCO/MXP/BCN/MAD/HEL etc etc anyday over a beach or a shopping mall

pips
1st Apr 2004, 10:04
wwlad all you do is moan considering your new, are you sure that this job is for you cant believe that your all ready board with the destinations that your flying to god love you that you have to go to the caribbean or dallas if you realy want to upset short haul crew who have been in the company for years keep putting post like this on" tossa"

barbiegirl
1st Apr 2004, 12:45
why does someone always have to be rude and call someone names- they rae just giving an opinion like everyone else on here. name calling is uncalled for.

Honeytruck
1st Apr 2004, 16:57
And good heavens, Pips, if that had been English, it would have been the longest sentence on Pprune.

redfred
2nd Apr 2004, 00:09
Try writing in English Love, board? tossa?

Bluejay
3rd Apr 2004, 20:53
To get back to the subject

I work at LGW as a PSA and I have asked the same question, the answer has (unfortunatly) always been no.

As far as YYZ and YVR (I wish they would move, it would make my life easier!!) go they won't move from LHR unless we get some of the Indian routes as these flights have alot of transfer pax from DEL etc

MRU and NBO, this is my personal opinion but I doubt we will get them back, they only went to LHR a few years ago and from what I have heard are doing fairly well

yachtno1
3rd Apr 2004, 21:36
It's a bit late now the summer programme has already started. We can only hope for extra routes later on in the year ! It's a far cry from when we had 32 long-haul hulls at LGW... we live in hope !:)

worldwidelad
5th Apr 2004, 13:11
Yes pips, the reason you are on short haul is probably because you are an illiterate moron. Obviously with all this European flying you are forgetting your english.. enjoy! PS. If you need any of the grammatical constructions in this topic explaining, feel free to ask! :p

redfred
5th Apr 2004, 21:30
Cancun

Mauritus

Nassua

Bahamas

And possibly a Miami or Dubai Service (Which Emirates are using Airbus A340 on one Service)