PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 402 down at Pietersburg???

spacedaddy
29th Mar 2004, 09:52
Anybody know anything about a 402 down at Pietersburg or is somebody pulling my leg? Heard that the controller cleared them for takeoff and went on break. The aircraft got airborne and then went down at the end of the runway. Someone on board who worked at the airport and was injured used a cell phone to call the tower, emergency services and even the airport manager but no one was home. He finally calls the local emergency who responds quickly. When they get to the security gate where they were held up for 35 minutes being searched, maybe for weapons going to Zimbabwe or Equatorial Guinee or Pluto. If true why no reports?

172-Captain
29th Mar 2004, 10:11
Hi All

I don't know much about the crash except that they were re-routing all inbound traffic to Pietersburg on Wednesday afternoon (24 March).

tyrant
29th Mar 2004, 18:22
It was Wednesday if my memory serves me correctly, it was ZSRSM, C421. Can't comment on the other issues coz not much has been said or heard.

spacedaddy
30th Mar 2004, 05:52
My point exactly tyrant. Nothing has been said. Especially about the bonehead way the airport "didn't" handle things. If nobody knows then I'll try to find out. This is an International airport and I don't like the hush-up to save embarrasment but more importantly there are safety issues here.

planecrazi
30th Mar 2004, 12:15
ZS-RSM, Now that is an aeroplane I have some time on, about 14-15 years ago. It was C421B-long nose with tip tanks. White with blue stripes then.