PDA

View Full Version : Right Place Right Time !!!!!

Aileron Roll
29th Mar 2004, 06:38
Am always fasinated with the tales posted here and the hardware that a lucky few get to fly. All of us love the tales of B Eagle, J F, Flying Lawyer etc....

Whilst my Warbird Flying is limited to a few wonderful hours in a Harvard I did once get to try the Mustang and Spitfire cockpits for size after meeting Mark Hanna at Duxford a few years ago.

Whats your best "Right Place, Right Time" story..... who did you meet, get to fly, or fly in ?

BeauMan
29th Mar 2004, 10:58
I didn't actually go anywhere in it, but as a reward for handing somebody a spanner when they asked for it, I was invited to sit in the BBMF Lancaster when they ran the engines up. I have at home a very dark and obscure picture taken on a kodak 110 (remember them?!?), of the goings on in the cockpit. I think it must have been the main spar that I was sitting on, big huge solid thing going across the fuselage about two foot above floor level and shrouded in a curved metal cover. My now-hazy memory puts it around July 85, when I was at Coningsby for a weeks camp with the ATC.