PDA

View Full Version : Any GOOD movies out there?!?!?

DeltaTango
24th Jun 2001, 10:41
God morning JB.

Saw "Air America" on the box last night and enjoyed Mel Gibson as allways, but it bothered me.

I have yet to see a good aviation movie which somehow sticks to the facts.....what's the problem?
Will it seem to boring to see what it's really like?!?!?

:rolleyes:

Dave Incognito
24th Jun 2001, 12:21
I have friends who will testify that for accurate facts and real life drama you can't go past Top Gun.

I have even heard them refer to it as a 'documentary'. :rolleyes:

I guess its a case of horses for courses.

Have a good one, Dave.

------------------
Flying is easy - just throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Slasher
25th Jun 2001, 02:15
I have it on reliable authority that Memphis Belle was quite realistic, although its a collection of real-life events that various crews endured, all clumped into one trip.
I think what I liked about the film was the true fact they were all terrified about every mission, instead of the usual " brave carefree jousting knights of the air" bullsh!t that Hollywood would like us to believe.

Clarence Oveur
25th Jun 2001, 02:30
Airplane! has got to be the most realistic aviation flick ever made.

A true insight into the day to day operation of an airline(r).

Dog On Wheels
25th Jun 2001, 04:40
'Pushing Tin' is a good 'un.

Not, however, entirely realistic. The chaps radar appears to update every half second or so.

Oh, and it's got Angelina Jolie in it ;)

Jim lovell
25th Jun 2001, 10:43
The Right Stuff is a good Aviation movie. Documents the test pilots of the 1940's and 50's- with particular emphasis on Chuck Yeager and his historic 1947 flight. Later on it moves onto how the test pilots became astronauts in the Mercury program- great film!