PDA

View Full Version : Check this out. Some info.

sullyd
27th Mar 2004, 15:37
Just wanted to find out if there expierience as cabin crew has ever helped them in securing a job as a pilot once they have attained there atpl. I currently work for a very familiar charter airline, (very familiar because they are soon to start operating in association with stapleford flying centre). I feel that its bound to give me some sort of advantage. I mean ive worked on over a thousand flights(i used work for ryanair), and have operated a 737-/200/300/700/800. I have also been in the flight deck for numerous take-offs and landings, and how many people on this fourm can say that. I also have expierience of the hours and of talking to hundreds of pilots when there pissed off with delays and so on. I know its not all glam. I would recomend any body without an atpl consider doing it, before they splash out all the thousands of pounds.

Well gotta go, im off to malta now, its 16:30, and i wont be back until 04:00 in the morn. Oh ya,Its a sat night,Oh soooo Glamourous.

P.S. The women are all gorg,Ha, Believe that and...................

Sully d.

PaddyMcGinty
28th Mar 2004, 21:41
The only benefits i can see from becoming a flight stuard is the experience and the contacts you get. You'll still have to go through everything that us trainee airline pilots go through with no previous experience. I've travelled most times up with the guys in front since i've been little and thats including take offs and landings. I know many of the bigger airlines wont allow that now but some smaller ones will.

Oh and i was told the women are a lot harder now to get with than they used to teeheehee!

Steve