PDA

View Full Version : FSA or Simuflite for Cit Ultra Rating???

smudge10
27th Mar 2004, 07:33
Thinking of doing an initial Citation Ultra rating.

The two main schools supplying are Flight Safety and Simuflight.

Flight Safety = $20,100
Simuflight = $15,200

A large difference in price.

Is there a big difference in the content and standard of the course and has anyone got any feedback on either of the suppliers or the course itself (Good or Bad) ??

Are both companies on the FAA tick list ??

I am hoping to put this rating directly onto a JAA Cpl for work in UK / Europe. Any foreseen problems apart from getting a job at the end that is??

Any useful feedback would be gratefully appreciated.

bluesafrica
27th Mar 2004, 20:31
Been training in both. FSI and Simuflite , are offering excellent standard on training. Personally I like better Dallas where Simuflite is located, a nice complex including even a lunch restaurant. (good value for money)

I would opt Simuflite and this is not only because the cheaper price. They training is excellent and there is JAR and FAA TRE's available. Also you can get current on RVSM as well as several other half day courses FREE. FSI charge extra for almost everything. RVSM ( International Operations very expensive add on with FSI...)

Regards
Blues:ok:

scambuster
28th Mar 2004, 07:12
I'd go along with blues, it depends to a large extent which instructor you get.
Simuflite on balance probably come out favourite.
If you ask, you can usually get the sim slots to suit you. Be nice to the right people.........:cool:

LordyLordy
28th Mar 2004, 15:28
I'm afraid I only have experience of Flight Safety but they seemed good. They also have JAA examiners if you need one.

I understand that Simflight use more computer based training for the ground school than FS. Personally I prefer having an instructer stand up and teach the stuff we need - CBT can be a bit soul destroying:{ .

smudge10
28th Mar 2004, 17:01
Thanks alot guys, really appreciate the information.

I don't suppose anyone has been to Simuflite since 9/11 and knows roughly how long the screening and fingerprinting process takes to do a course over 5700 kgs like the Ultra.

Daifly
28th Mar 2004, 18:16
If you've already flown a type over 5.7 then it'll take about 7 days (though I think they're still quoting around 2 weeks, but it's been quicker than that for the past three months).

If you've not flown one over 5.7 then bank on at least 45 days with a trip to the US in the meantime to have your fingerprinting done by a "US Law Enforcement Officer" - some embassies are starting to undertake this, but not the UK American Embassy as yet, so you'll have to go to the States for a day to get this done.

smudge10
29th Mar 2004, 10:02
Thanks for your response Daifly.

727 exec
29th Mar 2004, 10:26
I don't want to bore everybody (again!) with my experiences at FSI Paris - but - I did do the Citation 5 recurrent at Simuflite last October.

It was a good course, with some excellent sim instructors. One thing that is true of both FSI and Simuflite, is that you might get the highly experienced ground instructor...he's been everywhere and flown everything...and he'll tell you his life story. Live through it - you might be pleasantly surprised and learn something...or you might be bored, bored, bored!

If you're in the UK, speak to Yvonne at Simuflite...she's always got me a jolly good deal when I was paying for it myself. If you are paying for it yourself, and do go to Dallas - stay at the Harley Hotel...the freebie drinks and free breakfast can save you a fortune.

Enjoy

ps just noticed that Smudge10 is in Bath. Having been at skool near there, I know that it is in England!

smudge10
29th Mar 2004, 12:38
I don't suppose Yvonne has a contact number or e-mail?

727 exec
29th Mar 2004, 15:10
Don't know if this is advertising, but........

Yvonne Miles at Simuflite UK is on 01279 681606

OK?? pm me if u need anything else

Bumz_Rush
29th Mar 2004, 16:23
I assume the happy 2 hours was not too much for you mate......727.5

RED WINGS
30th Mar 2004, 20:07
Simuflite now also have a campus in Dubai. The courses include:

Return flights from BHX MAN and London
A Driver at your disposal
Hotac

It cant be bad as it is operated by the Saudi royal flight, a friend who has been says it is excellent and best of all no messing about with US visa's, or jet lag for that matter!

I know they are doing GV but I believe they are also doing citations, if not allready very soon. They also validate FAA and JAA types for no extra cost but obviously JAA requires the touch and go's

smudge10
31st Mar 2004, 06:56
RED WINGS

I'l see if I can find a site for their Dubai office and see if there is much difference in price.

Having the whole course under one banner does seem better and no security redtape sounds even better.

Thanks for your input.