PDA

View Full Version : iPAQ 1940 Problems

Luca_brasi
27th Mar 2004, 00:37
Hey guys,

Just having a few problems with my iPAQ 1940 that I can't seem to resolve nor be able to find any help for it so I was hoping there may be someone on here who knows a little more than I do.

Problem 1. Connecting to the Internet via Bluetooth and GPRS
I also have a Nokia 6600 which has the GPRS all set up and through which I can get my mail and surf the net via the Infra Red port on both devices but when I try to do the same with Bluetooth it fails to connect. The devices talk to each other via Bluetooth but the GPRS connection isn't made. My phone provider has told me that the connection settings are the same but that is all the support they provide for Bluetooth connections.

Problem 2. Running .exe files
I have created a Weight and Balance project in Visual Basic which I have turned into an .exe file and transfered onto the iPAQ but when I try to run the program it says it isn't a valid Pocket PC file. Is there any way to fix this so that I can run programs I have created?

Apart from that the iPAQ is working fine and have had no other problems with it.

Thanking in advance :ok:

BOAC
27th Mar 2004, 07:41
luca - re Problem 2
I'm really talking on a very thin knowledge-base here, but I think from what I saw on the MS site there is a special VB for Pocket PC OS? There is certainly a developer's kit there for pockets. I understand that all vb .exe's require other files (dll's?) in place to run. Maybe they are not in place?

An expert will, I'm sure, be along shortly!