PDA

View Full Version : ATA and AFT merging

Aerofoil
25th Mar 2004, 12:55
Hi

I believe that ATA and Atlantic flight Training at coventry are merging together. I am starting the course with ATA in May at which point they will have merged and will be using a mixture of instructors from both schools. I have been told again and again that ATA instructors are excellent but what about the AFT instructors?
Is there anyone who has experience with AFT instructors who can give me a little info on what they were like?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hotel Uniform Yankee
26th Mar 2004, 10:45
I've heard they are quite good with new buildings and a nice set up at Coventry. Apparrently the Instructors can be a bit slow to respond to emails etc. Assessments can take forever to marked. I can only think the joining of the 2 companies can only be good thing. ATA with have the greater ground school knowledge and AFT have the flying experience. It is worth noting that AFT are one only a few who do the CPL Distancing learning as well as ATPL.

Obs cop
27th Mar 2004, 21:13
Done some flying with AFT and it is all good.

The instructors are approachable, friendly and keen to help. The facilities are good and the aircraft all work and are well kept.

They are expecting delivery of a Diamond Twin star soon which will obviously reduce costs dramatically (saying that their prices are very reasonable anyway).

Regards

Obs cop