View Full Version : Seaplane endorsement

lloverseed
25th Mar 2004, 05:49
I am a newly qualified commercial pilot, and I am searching for that first all too valuable job.

I thought by maybe disversifying myself and getting my sea plane endorsement I might have more luck?! Can anyone recommend the best place to do this, and if there are jobs out there for low hour pilots like myself.

I present I am looking at Airwaves based in the Gold Coast, has anyone any feedback on this?

Thanks for any help!!!

iwillflyajet
25th Mar 2004, 06:36
hi lloverseed,

Nick at Airwaves has a very good reputation for quality seaplane endorsements. all his ex pilots are flying bigger and faster things.
you will not go wrong by doing your seaplane endorsement with him on the Gold Coast.

Iwill. :ok:

pm me if you want more details.

GeeBeeZee
25th Mar 2004, 22:46
Hey i was thinking of doing my seaplane endorsement at Sydney Harbour Seaplanes.

Has anyone done any flying with these guys? I know that they only recently started doing endorsements on the PA-28 floatplane. I was not keen at driving for hours from Sydney to Port Macquarie for each lesson.

Also does anyone know how many hours you need to get work flying floats in Whitsundays or Cairns, I heard that you need 50+ hours to meet the insurance requirements of these operators ?

Cant wait to get in the left hand seat of the Beaver!

GeeBeeZee