PDA

View Full Version : Not seeing Java content

Terrey
24th Mar 2004, 22:14
Using xp and IE6. Just added zonealarm and spybot and now I cannot view any
java content on web sites. They say java not installed or enabled. I have
checked the internet settings and it is showing as enabled . Any thoughts?
Thanks

Terrey

Naples Air Center, Inc.
25th Mar 2004, 00:59
Terrey,

Did you check your Zone Alarm Settings?

Take Care,

Richard

Terrey
25th Mar 2004, 02:13
Thanks naples, from what i can see everthing looks the way it should. Would it help to try and repair (?) xp with the original disk?

terrey

Naples Air Center, Inc.
25th Mar 2004, 03:21
Terrey,

I do not think it is time for a repair. Start with lowering the settings in Zone Alarm. If that does not do it, try uninstalling Zone Alarm just to see if Java starts working again.

Take Care,

Richard

BOAC
25th Mar 2004, 10:37
Terrey - I have been having java 'problems' - there is a thread lower down.

sky9
26th Mar 2004, 09:51
Terry,
I have had exactly the same problem don't have Zonealarm, installed both Java and Microsoft's VM and it hasn't made any difference. I hope that you find the problem, everyone seems to be ignoring it. My problem started after I installed the major upgrade.
I also cannot open a link in IE6 or Outlook Express, my best suggestion is to use Opera which appears to work.

Terrey
26th Mar 2004, 20:10
Thanks for everyones help but I am afraid I am in the same boat as sky9. Downloaded sun java, disabled zonealarm and still no luck.

Sky, lets hope we find an answer!

Terrey

Saab Dastard
26th Mar 2004, 21:45
Terrey,

Could you give an example of a site & page that you have a problem with?

SD

Terrey
27th Mar 2004, 00:27
This one..........

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/puzzles/quick.html

I can't see the crossword .

Terrey

sky9
30th Mar 2004, 15:51
Terrey,
Try downloading Opera and see if the problem exists. I suspect that the problem lies with IE6 and Windows XP as your link is OK in Opera but doesn't work in Windows.

Saab Dastard
30th Mar 2004, 18:01
Terrey,

Sorry for the delay...

I can see that website OK.

I've got Win XP pro with all the critical updates and IE 6 with all updates and standard MS JVM.

I'm running adaware and spybot (and Sophos AV) but no firewall software (I've got a hardware firewall).

So rest assured that you can see it with XP and IE6.

You may need to check the Java settings in IE, under Tools, Internet Options - both Security and Advanced tabs - change one thing at a time.

HTH

SD

Out Of Trim
30th Mar 2004, 22:41
Terrey

I can see that site's Java content OK - using XP Home and Both IE6 and Avant Browser and Free version of Zone Alarm on!

I suggest you go to Sun's Java test page..

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.jsp

If no joy - try downloading the latest version for your system.

Best Of luck..

By the way did the crossword for 31st March OK!:ok:

BOAC
31st Mar 2004, 06:26
Terrey - all working for me, too. (W2000Pro). I followed the advice here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122865) and 'allowed' Java sun as oot says, and it is fine. I did seem to be suddenly having problems with dear old Bill's system:confused: