HugMonster
21st Jun 2001, 07:21
This has been doing the email rounds:-

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
ROLL YOUR OWN BLACKOUT

FIRST DAY OF SUMMER

JUNE 21, 2001 THURSDAY EVENING
7-10pm worldwide, all time zones

In protest at George W. Bush's energy policies and lack of emphasis on efficiency, conservation and alternative fuels, there will be a voluntary rolling blackout on the first day of summer, June 21 at 7pm - 10pm in any time zone (this will roll it across the planet).

It's a simple protest, and a simple act. Turn out your lights from 7pm-10pm on June 21. Unplug whatever you can unplug in your house. Light a candle to the sungod, kiss and tell, make love, tell ghost stories, do something instead of watching television, have fun in the dark.

Forward this email as widely as possible, to your government representatives and environmental contacts. Let them know we want global education, participation and funding in conservation, efficiency and alternative fuel efforts - and an end to over-exploitation and misuse of the earth's resources.
</font>

------------------
Breeding Per Dementia Unto Something Jolly Big, Toodle-pip

Blacksheep
21st Jun 2001, 09:51
But I don't want any of those things. In fact I just want "the government" to go away and leave me alone. I can look after my own education, health and welfare much better than they can thank you. In fact, I already did!

Through difficulties to the cinema

Slasher
21st Jun 2001, 10:10
If you want global education, participation and funding in conservation, efficiency and alternative fuel efforts - and an end to over-exploitation and misuse of the earth's resources, then the last people you ask is useless bloodey politicians and environmental rabbles.

Blacksheep, come the Revolution Im puttin politicians up against the wall first! :mad:

loveit
21st Jun 2001, 23:24
Slash,
Remember Shakespear -- First we kill all the lawyers.
Of course, now days almost all the politicians are lawyers.

Legalapproach
22nd Jun 2001, 00:40
We might know where you live,loveit - and we might have some clients who owe us favours. Besides if you killed all the lawyers who would be left to defend you?

Winston Smith
22nd Jun 2001, 01:45
Some people would do well to roll their own crime-wave... ;)

How do you save a lawyer from drowning? - You take your foot off his head! :)

And don't forget that most politicians who aren't shysters ususally are teachers. I don't know about the UK, but here in Germany these folks are renowned for buying cheap real estate in the vicinity of airfields so as to become leaders of a civil action group against that airfield once they've moved in...