PDA

View Full Version : Why???

Polish Erek
24th Mar 2004, 14:21
Today I have very bad experience, I was looking at flying schools and met two English pilots who have told me to go home and leave the English jobs for the English people. Why is this attitude so? They stand in my face and ask why I have come here with many hours and ratings looking for job when jobs are back in Poland. There are many foreign pilots in England now are there not.I feel bad now but must continue with my goal. Do you all feel this way?

This is not true that I am polish job robber I am lucky with 2800 ATR time and 1800 jet but I have come here because low cost airlines seminar said there is much work for my experience as jet F/O and I can left seat after 1 year goes by. I did not ask for dispensation but was given it by JAA all I have to complete is the CPL/IR course before 6 months expires.

Please believe my that I want work in England and make life here, I donnot chase English girls a lot and have worked hard to get my exam passes.

I now need a good IR school but schools are full and have waiting times before I can proceed with course, can any person recommend school I can start at now.

I also need help with PPrune signature, My sig will not go on bottom of message why?

Thank you

Erek

tom24
24th Mar 2004, 14:26
can any person recommend school I can start at now

My local nursery will be taking a new batch soon i think.

PM me and i'll give you details. Though i can promise you it'll be cheaper than IR training.

flat-tire
24th Mar 2004, 14:27
Try Atlantic Flight Training,

I feel your pain.

Polish Erek
24th Mar 2004, 14:32
flat-tire

Thank you sir, I have their number and will make contact. I believe from Magazine article that they have new type training aircraft on fleet and have reputation that is good.

Yes the pain can be bad from people but I will work even harder on my studies.

Thank you my friend.

Erek

Can anyone advise why my signature will not display

scroggs
24th Mar 2004, 14:44
Erek, no-one's signature will display! That's because some people abused the signature system and posted rude or insulting signatures.

As for your difficulty with a couple of thuggish pilots at that flying school, please ignore them. Poland will be full member of the EU from May, and you will be as entitled to a job here as any other EU citizen. Equally, any British people will be entitled to work in Poland. However, with the aviation business still suffering post-9/11, you can expect to encounter more hostility from others who see you as a threat to their chances of getting a job.

Explain to them that the UK legislated to allow you this opportunity, and nothing they can say can deny it to you. If they don't like it, that's their problem.

Scroggs

sixmilehighclub
24th Mar 2004, 18:30
I'm almost ashamed to be English! Erek, you dont have to justify yourself.

Unfortunately, more than a few unskilled foreign nationals have touched down on our shores recently, some of them are taking advantage and are spoiling it for others.

Stick with it Erek, they were probably scared you are more experienced, which means they stand more of a chance if they scare you off, so dont give them the satisfaction! Anyway, If we had that many flight deck with your experience in the UK, we would not be offering positions to non- EU nationals, and I have flown with a few who had no problems being accepted!!

As for chasing English girls, feel free, it gives us more variety and means we dont get lumbered with the small minded arrogant idiots like the two you met!!! They probably use that old favourite chat-up line in the bar "I'm a pilot, don't you know....".

Best of British! (good luck!)

Six

Polish Erek
24th Mar 2004, 18:34
Scroggs,

Sir thank you for your kind words, I am determined to make things work for my here in England. Yes it is true what you post that English pilots may also work in Poland and my airline before england had 4 english pilots working on the ATR.
I flied with 3 pilots form England when detached to the arctic flying the ATR there but only 4 months it lasted but maybe they are still there and working.

I met today a prune person at a flying school and he gave positive feelings about being here, I thank him also.

I reason that many English pilots work outside of England and that many pilots work inside England that are from many different countries.

sixmilehighclub

Thank you also for words of help

Thank you once again sir,s

Erek

RobertFL
24th Mar 2004, 19:20
Erik check your private message

StudentInDebt
24th Mar 2004, 19:26
Polish Erek:

Keep it up, this is hysterical :D :ok:

Polish Erek
24th Mar 2004, 19:40
English friends,

I am replying in my language to PM I get, I will give English under as it is only polite as we are guests in your country.

Robert FL

Dziękuj za zrozumienie jak czuję pana, dobre szczęście z waszym przyszy.
Thank you for understanding how I feel sir, good luck with your future.

StudentInDebt

Why do you laugh at me? I donot deserve or require this. Did we meet today at flying school because I use my name in my signature? I am not sorry for being polish

Erek

long final
24th Mar 2004, 19:41
Ahh, t'internet. Wonderful toy.

gin queer bardzo, erik (Dziękują bardzo) just to show I care

:p :E :p

(not a hope in hell I could remember how to spell it)

Polish Erek
24th Mar 2004, 20:15
long final

JA rozumiej wasze sowa co s wy próbujcy mówić

Are you polish person to here in england? if so PM and we may get in contact.

Erek

WhyNotMe
24th Mar 2004, 22:17
Erek , check your messages.

CATAWAMPUS
25th Mar 2004, 07:10
Erek,

Much as I am concerned about the influx of very qualified Eastern European pilots taking jobs from us Brits, I cannot condone the intimidatory behaviour you have suffered!

witchdoctor
25th Mar 2004, 10:26
The behaviour of some English (usually southerners) folk gives a bad name to the whole of the UK unfortunately. Makes me glad to be Scottish.

mad_jock
25th Mar 2004, 10:56
Don't worry Eric as witchdoctor says there can be hassels North South of the UK as well as East West never mind someone from across the water.

Wee tip though while living in the bad lands (england) don't refer to the United Kingdom as just England. You will find that there is a disproportionate number of aviation workers in the UK is Scottish, Welsh and Irish and we ain't English. And we are also counted by some as engish job stealers.

I was reading in the Herald (a scottish based newspaper) that the race discrimination board in scotland gets more complaints from English people than our native ethnic minorites. (I am a bit disgusted by ths actually)

If your worried about being Polish and getting hassel down south . Come north there are large groups in scotland with links to european countrys from the second world war. We take people for face value not from where they come from.

Just a small point though if you do come North try and make it past the central belt if you do have to stay in Glasgow or Edinburgh, if anyone asks say you don't follow football and that you are a buddist.

And if you haven't already spoken to them, Air Wales are an expanding ATR operator. And with those sorts of hours you may be in the LHS of a ATR before you know it. You may only have to sit the ATPL theory exams then pass a LPC check on the ATR to get the JAR license.

The welsh are a "lovely" nation of people. And they won't mind you chasing there women, in wales its normal for the women to do the chasing.

MJ

New F/O
26th Mar 2004, 14:05
Erik,

Check your PM

New F/O