PDA

View Full Version : JPI Excel workbook

Two_dogs
24th Mar 2004, 14:12
G'day all

I'm looking for a copy of an Excel workbook by JP Instruments, named c6v1.xls. I had a copy for a few years, but you know how it is. Here today...gone now.

I'ts to graph EGT\CHT temps etc downloaded from a JPI engine monitor. I know you can do it yourself, but this workbook had a few extras built in, zoom capability etc.

It's no longer available on their website, there is however a link to a similar thing called EGView at http://www.egtrends.com/

I guess this is the replacement but at US$99, I'd rather get a copy of the old FREE workbook.

Anyone have a copy they'd like to share?

Two Dogs :cool:

Jamair
27th Mar 2004, 12:29
Hey dogs, I don't have it but you could try either emailing JPI about it, or try John Deakin at [email protected]

How's the new gadget going?

Two_dogs
27th Mar 2004, 16:40
The new gadget is going just great. Worth every dollar. The fuel flow part is very accurate, and does not seem to require calibration. Having flown approx 20 hours since installation there is a difference of about 1 litre between actual and recorded fuel burn.

I have already e-mailed JPI about the workbook, but they say:JPI no longer supports that Excel macro. I checked our software archives and could not find a copy that I could send you.On a brighter note, I have sent the lean test data to GAMI, and received this response:
It is evident that I need to make you a richer #2 injector and possibly a leaner #6.
If you will give me your registration number and shipping address, I will get those out to you.Not bad service, replacing 1/3 of the product for free. These injectors were purchased and installed around 10 months ago. Australian suppliers and manufacturers take note!

I'm not sure if my engine has a particularly bad fuel/air distribution but I still had a fuel flow spread of 1.6 Gal/hour between first and last to peak EGT's with the GAMI's fitted. No. 2 peaks first at around 13.6 Gal/hour and No. 6 last at around 12.0 Gal/hour. I shudder to think what the spread must have been with standard TCM injectors. The other 4 cyl were fairly closely matched, within 0.4 Gal/hour between peak EGT's.

We've all heard the expression, 'six separate engines running in loose formation'. I can't wait for the replacements to arrive. Hopefully I'll have one engine running at peak performance.

Two Dogs :cool: