PDA

View Full Version : Wings & Strings 2004 - Support the RN Historic Flight!

ajduf
23rd Mar 2004, 21:19
Wings & Strings 2004 is here! 12th June sees Donington Park Race Track adjacent to Nottingham East Midlands Airport turn into the venue for the Royal Navy Historic Flight's main fundraising event of the year. It will be part of the Rolls-Royce Centenary Celebrations which are taking part during the day. Outstanding air displays with some very ambitious scheduling and superb music provided by the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra set the scene. Book your tickets online now for an early bird discount before 31st March!
Wings & Strings Ticket Sales (http://www.wingsandstrings.org.uk)

Padhist
16th Apr 2004, 13:48
I notice that they do not have a Barracuda to display.
I recall ferrying one of these monstrosities from Eglinton to Dunino in October 13. 1945.
The grass airfield was covered with Barracudas some of them brand new...All were to be broken up for scrap.
What a pity no one thought to save at least one for a museum.
What an aeroplane? A crew of three, light series bomb carriers on the wings, a torpedo slung beneath...And the same motor as a Spitfire!!! If you wern't slick it was sometimes difficult to catch up with the carrier!

Zlin526
18th Apr 2004, 12:54
Surely this is advertising? Whether it's for a good cause or not, we need some consistency, especially after the Damien B debacle?

CamelPilot
18th Apr 2004, 12:58
Actually they have paid for a banner ad on PPRuNe and it has some charitable status.

Furthermore Danny decided the site could have a posting.

Zlin526
18th Apr 2004, 14:58
Must be OK then if Danny said so..Who is this Danny bloke anyway?

Flying Lawyer
18th Apr 2004, 17:35
Who is this Danny bloke anyway?

He's the bloke who:
started Pprune
picks up the bills
needs advertising revenue to offset some of the costs
and
doesn't want people promoting their their own business without paying for advertising.

A website this big can't run without advertising. Why would any advertiser (or potential advertiser) pay Pprune to advertise if they see other business owners getting away with posting links to their own websites and plugging their products just by registering as members?

Not exactly rocket science, is it. :rolleyes:

Disco Stu
18th Apr 2004, 22:53
Pity a mod couldn't have strung a few words together like the Flying Lawyer.

I'm still looking for the "banner ad" for W&S.

Zlin526, don't expect any consistency, yet

Disco Stu.
PS: I wont be attending W&S, too much doing elsewhere.

CaptainFillosan
19th Apr 2004, 06:21
Another go at a mod DS? :p

Tell you what. Why don't you write a note to Danny and ask him where the ad is! :rolleyes:

I suggest you take the trouble to look at the Advertising sticky at the top of the forum page you might just be enlightened - then again - who knows.

PPRuNe Pop
23rd Apr 2004, 19:18
Currently, the banner ad is on page one of the BB. Very nice one too.