PDA

View Full Version : Salary Operations/Dispatch

JimKnopf
24th Mar 2004, 11:18
hi folks,
I just checked a few websites to find out if there are any jobs available in the UK..but I wonder how u guys can survive with such a poor salary...15K-17K for an operations officer is really poor. Dont you have any taxes in the U.K? Job situation is Germany is bad right now but at least the salary is much better.
Guess I stay where I am. Cheers Jim

speedbird_heavy
24th Mar 2004, 14:00
I would stay where you are.

This minimum wage thing allows employers to pay staff just that

BEST L/CONTROLLER
24th Mar 2004, 18:51
You obviousley don't work for Servisair!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!:ok:

templar
28th Mar 2004, 13:58
Quick..someone tell Jim here that it's not about the money ! ..there are a few decent paid ones but you gotta look hard.. .....as for circus air??:E

Whooaahh
1st Apr 2004, 01:30
Try telling your wife it's not about the money, Templar, and then when she's stopped shouting at you try going to your bank manager and apply for a mortgage on a property "down-south" with a 15K salary coming in...you would probably still hear him laughing as you sat back down at your desk the following Monday.

Ops donkeys have always been over-worked and under paid. I was on 15K, 15 years ago in Gatwick and had to take a part-time job driving a taxi just to survive and I didn't even have kids to support at that point in my life.

Do what I did and get out while you still can. I'm now a doorman in a pub/nightclub and getting more job satisfaction now than I did from 19 years in Ops and Dispatch and a damn sight less stress...I even get to hit people now which I never could before though I wanted to on many an occasion.

Whooaahh

acukwik
3rd Apr 2004, 19:47
CADS UK based @ EGLF pay good money for controllers with FAA licence Ģ26K starting and Ģ24K without licence and some experience.

They have 3 FAA licenced dispatchers currently and are looking for another 2 from what I heard licenced or unlicenced.

Only problem is that the CEO/MD are both a bunch of flakes (BS), can't decide whether they are coming or going.

www.aircraftdispatch.com

AC

:ok: :cool:

NWBizJet
4th Apr 2004, 14:27
Their website looks professional. I heard their name from a few people, as info received financially they don't look as good as their website.

I don't know what sort of people running it, but by the way they pay 26 for a controller it seems a bit high, hope this is not a short term operations. It seems very high risk to work there, but then again it may turn out different.

Good luck...

NWBizJet

cressidom
7th Apr 2004, 13:31
If anyone would be kind enough to point me even at entry level positions, i've an FAA dispatchers licence.

Any help appreciated.

cheers

Daifly
7th Apr 2004, 18:19
CADS have been making people redundant.

acukwik
9th Apr 2004, 07:57
Cressidom

CADS UK are looking for people FAA Licence (EGLF) pay is good too - www.aircraftdispatch.com

AC

Whooaahh
12th Apr 2004, 13:33
According to their website they aren't looking at the moment, acukwik...

As I said, if you've got a dispatch job at the moment stick with it.

Whooaahh

JimKnopf
14th Apr 2004, 17:13
I would say so as well.job situation is very poor right now. Hopefully itīs gonna be better soon but I doubt it.
I always wanted to go to emirates, quatar or somwhere else in the middle east..but is it really worth to work in the dessert for $2000 a month..I dont think so....cheers:sad: JIM

Flopster
16th Apr 2004, 08:58
Scandinavian Airlines pays their fully certified Dispatchers (or OPS Officers as they are known in the UK) around DKK 30K/Mo which equals around UKP 3K/mo as a starting salary. With 10 years of service you would normally have made Senior Dispatcher and will pull around DKK 45K/mo. Their pension scheme is very nice too; expect to pull a monthly DKK 30K after you retire and until you die.

The problem is getting in. Unless you're already an employee of SAS - forget it. If you're an employee of SAS, then you can apply to attend the 6 month Danish dispatchers course. Upon successfull completion, they'll stick you in the OPS department for 3 months which will see you receiving your Dispatchers Licence. However, you'll then be put in a holding "bank" and sent back to your old job, waiting for an opening in OPS. I attended the Dispatchers course in 1995 along with 12 SAS employees. Last I've heard, which is around 3 years ago, only 3 of those 12 have been offered a job with OPS.

hello_sailor
19th Apr 2004, 14:43
"Do what I did and get out while you still can. I'm now a doorman in a pub/nightclub and getting more job satisfaction"

Oh yeah great one ... why don't we all follow in your footsteps.

Can see why you'd take a job like that, seeing as your a dumb, no-necked, fat bastard you'd fit right in.

I've a good mind to pitch up and smash your silly face in ... mind you there would'nt actually be much point seeing as you already fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down ... if I had a face like yours I'd teach my arse how to smile.

Dash-7 lover
24th Apr 2004, 15:21
hello sailor,

You got out of bed the wrong side of NO-ONE this morning!!

Whooaahh
30th Apr 2004, 02:20
I would, I should, but I simply can't be bothered with your petty BS any more. As I said before get a life, you have absolutely no influence on mine anymore. :ok:

Having no power at all is frustrating isn't it, big boy, you're time will come I have absolutely no doubt about it. :ouch:

Whooaahh!!!

B777FD
3rd May 2004, 22:03
Is CADS uk a new company? Are they anything to do with TAG Aviation? Any info appreciated.