PDA

View Full Version : MAS destination Nordic

rodondo4
24th Mar 2004, 11:02
I would just like to know if there are any truth in the expansion of MAS flights to either Chopenhagen or Stockholm for this coming Winter? I also heard it will also fly from or onto EWR?

Would anyone care to share this news?

cheers

SuperRanger
25th Mar 2004, 03:00
the idea was bounce around since last year but so far nothing materialised. i guess it's all a matter of $$$.

currently, Mh flys EWR from DXB 3 times a week. maybe it's about time to look at another transit point since EK is starting their DXB-EWR next month.

rodondo4
25th Mar 2004, 11:34
Thanx for the reply Superanger...

I looked for more information .... which led me to the airliners.net forum, there is a massive discussion on this topic about which transit point is better, stockholm or copenhagen.

Personally it would be great if MAS can do a northern europe to US routing since its a large and potential market.

Hope the powers within MAS make the right decision.

SuperRanger
26th Mar 2004, 12:46
not all can be determined by the company as politics may not allow MAS to pickup load from the location :(

capt wan win lo
24th Apr 2004, 05:27
superanger............is it true MH will be operating KUL/JNB/DXB/KUL on the 77s coming winter..?

SuperRanger
26th Apr 2004, 13:21
we are currently studying the possibility of taking over the KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE vv from the B744 as it will be more cost effective. the availability of ETOPS alternate over south atlantic may be a concern.

there's nothing on the books regarding JNB-DXB though...

SR