View Full Version : Difficult Situations

XL ONE
23rd Mar 2004, 12:56
For the Excel airways seniors courses we have to present to the rest of the group what we as seniors would do to solve various situations. I thought I would be recourseful and ask what you guys would do. (I only know 2 situations so far, will post any other ones as I am given them)

1, As passenger boarding is completed, you find a family of 5, 2 adults, 1 kid, 1 teenager and an inf have been completely split up on a full flight. What do you do?

2, Mid flight 2 crew start fighting in the cabin, how do you deal with this, what are the priorities.

Thanks for your ideas and help.

XL ONE

Lukeafb1
23rd Mar 2004, 16:04
XL,

Question 2. - Answer

Tell them their coffee is on its way and to get back to the cockpit!

Hope this helps.:ok:

gallie girl
24th Mar 2004, 05:20
Gosh many a time did i have to deal with Q1.
Firstly check out what seats around are vacant. If enough seats are available go into the flight deck or use intercom and ask the Captain if pax are able to move as the family has been split. show him on the trim where you want them to sit and then if it all works out re centre of gravity and max take off weight blah blah blah he should then, if he is nice let you move pax. Very important though that you don't move kids into the emergency exits though. If for some reason you arn't able to move them always explain to the passenger the reason. That way they won't thing you are being nasty.

Q2
if it is tech crew.. go in and tell them to grow up and sort their problems out in a civilised manner or they will not get anymore coffee or cabin crew. tell them to be more professional and deal with it on the ground.

I have dealt with both these probs many a times and believe you me they are very common. take care and enjoy....

TightSlot
24th Mar 2004, 09:46
Q1 - Firstly, forget about the teenager (they won't want to sit with their parents anyway and will probably be quite happy on their own wherever they are). One of the adults can split off if there is no other choice - what you're really looking for is 2 seats adjacent (Parent with inf on lap and the kid). Solution is to look around for likely looking pax and then ask them for help: Use bribery with free drinks, smiles, anything that works - there's usually some kind soul that will help and some miserable child unfriendly B******s that won't. Failing that, try a PA, pointing out that the aircraft can't leave until all pax are seated (careful here, you're trying get pax to respond appealing to their better nature rather than browbeating them into feeling guilty). Some aircraft are more critical on weight/balance than others: Ours aren't, and the pilots are busy pre-departure, so I wouldn't trouble them with a trim change for these few people. Anyway, if the flight is full, there is no change in weigh/balance, and if it isn't, then the reseating will be easy anyway.

Q2 - Decide which one of the two you fancy the most and then thump the other one!

Easy when you know how :O