View Full Version : Civil Service Overmanning

Vage Rot
23rd Mar 2004, 10:35
Given the Government's latest dit on reducing the fat in the Civil Service I had an idea!! (doesn't happen often!)

Give every Civil Servant a military reserve committment!!

1. Some of the old FF**ers wouldn't like it and leave anyway!
2. DPA and IPT might have to use some of the sh1t kit they buy for us and then finally get the message!
3. The TA wouldn't struggle so much!
4. They could do their Civvy job as a secondary duty as that's about the effort most put into it now!

Discuss!!

Tocsin
23rd Mar 2004, 19:54
Well, Vage Rot...

Out of a random group of 9, no names no pack drill, deployed at AAS last year, 2 were civil servants and one (me) an ex-civil servant sold off to an American company in 2000.

I know - its only banter :-) - but I almost "enjoyed" being scudded more than the bureaucracy of my day job!

Blunty
24th Mar 2004, 13:48
So Gordon Brown is going to make 40,000 Civil Servants redundant! He failed to mention that the Civil Service has grown by 50,000 over the last 4 years. Now I am not an accountant but.............

Richae
24th Mar 2004, 22:49
I think all this talk about the civil service being overmanned and incompetent is very unfair. Only last week I heard someone from the DPA saying they'd joined because they wanted to see procurement being done really badly.......... :ok:

Akrotiri bad boy
26th Mar 2004, 16:46
Vage Rot

You cheeky sod. I'm incensed, outraged, and throughly dischuffed that you see your fellow government servants in such a dim light.

I hope that your vage truly does rot.:{

Vage Rot
27th Mar 2004, 12:01
Oh Dear! Uncle vage seems to have hit a raw nerve!

True, I was tarring all with the same brush but:

1. I have worked within Procurement - DLO and DPA and never cease to be amazed by the stupid half ar5ed decisions that are made.

2. I believe that DPA and DLO now have more members than the entire 3 services put together - now, I'm not a rocket scientist but surely there's something wrong there. Still, I'm sure they'll need to employ 30 more managers to conduct a study of which posts to axe!

In the mean time, less kit being bought - unless the press jumps up and down on our behalf, exixting kit getting old and knackered, numbers in the military halved in 10 years but the number of deployments tripled.

Now then Akro old chap - if anyone has a reason to be dischuffed it is those of us for whom you lot are here to provide a service.